Joe Knows Energy
The Senior Welding Inspector must assure proper welding and radiographic procedures are qualified and utilized, radiographers are certified, welders are qualified, sound welds are produced, and proper documentation is maintained. These activities must be performed in accordance with the appropriate Company specifications, and the approved for construction drawings. The Sr. Welding Inspector works under the direction of the Chief Inspector who will assign additional responsibilities to each inspector as needed.
- Be familiar with the approved construction drawings and Company specifications
- Understanding the Contract document as it relates to his or her duties on the project
- Maintaining a detailed inspector’s log book
- Completing and submitting applicable inspection reports that accurately describe the work performed on the project
- Taking proactive approach to safety on the job site and reporting safety issues to the Chief Inspector and Safety Inspector
- Plan and organize inspection duties in advance
- Assure any design changes or material substitutions are discussed with the Chief Inspection and proper Company approval is obtained
- Verify all materials used in the installation are in compliance with Company requirements
- Keep the Chief Inspector aware of any daily problems or anticipated problems with the project
- Assure a welding procedure is established and each welder is qualified for the work he/she is performing
- Observe the x-ray procedure (including developing and handling) being used to assure it is appropriate for the applications and this procedure is producing acceptable radiographs
- Assure the Radiographer’s certifications are current and in accordance with SNC-TC-1A
- Continuously observe the welding technique and radiographic procedure to assure proper procedures are being followed
- Coordinate the radiographic crew’s activities with those of the contractor
- Monitor the quality of the welds being made to assure sound welds are being made at all joints
- Assure the repairs made to correct defects in a pipe weld sufficiently corrected the defect and the weld satisfies the requirements as outlined by the appropriate codes and Company specifications
- Assure proper documentation is maintained by the radiographic crew including the disposition of each reject
- Assure all welding materials are of proper type and quality, they have been stored according to manufacturers’ specifications, and damaged materials are not used in the welding of the pipe
- Monitor the quality of the radiographic film to assure that radiographs are being made which can be interpreted properly
- Records daily weld data needed for the Weld Map
- Assist in the pre-job meeting with the NDE technician. It is not the Sr. Welding Inspector’s responsibility to interpret the radiographic film; however, the Inspector should be knowledgeable in film interpretation. Any concerns regarding interpretation should be addressed to the Chief Inspector.
- The minimum qualifications include five (5) years of general pipeline or plant welding experience with emphasis in welding or pipeline construction methods with at least one year inspecting Automated weld on transmission lines 36” or larger. In addition, inspector should be expert knowledge CFR 49 Part 192 and API 1104. Additionally the position must meet the basic qualifications of a Utility Inspector (basic inspector).
- Demonstrate welding experience
About Joe Knows Energy
Joe Knows Energy LLC is a staffing and recruiting company that delivers added value to our clients by providing them experienced Inspectors who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the project team.
We supply inspectors, primarily for the oil and gas pipeline industry, who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the inspection team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance and assessment of potential.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.