Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- Proves their facility in translating high-level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to elemental level
The Position: Senior Interaction Designer (UX/UI)
Senior Interaction designers lead product research, strategy, information architecture development, and interaction design to create products that will bring happiness to our users.
Senior UX/UI designers are able to discover, understand, and communicate the business requirements of clients in the Energy sector who focus mostly on large amounts of data and data visualizations, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together.
Qualified candidates will share our belief that design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease of use.
Senior UX/UI Designers are responsible for the development of innovative navigation systems, interface designs, typography, and screen layouts for software, application, websites, and other interactive media. They will push the state-of-the-art with every creation and thrive in our fast-paced studio.
Proficient in figma and Adobe CC is a must.
Your Fellow Team Members Will Rely On You To:
- Bridge the gap between research insights and tangible concepts
- Make sense of complex systems or large volumes of data and content and represent them in simplified models
- Refine concepts into meaningful narratives that speak to business opportunities, technical feasibility, and organization setup
- Identify the right interaction patterns to apply in each context
- Collaborate fluidly with visual designers and developers
On a Typical Project You Will:
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Understand the goals, business requirements, and constraints for the project.
- Help to translate business requirements into user stories.
- Conduct secondary research, including trend benchmarking and competitor analysis.
- Create frameworks such as customer journeys, service blueprints, or ecosystem maps based on inputs from research
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements Discovery
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Design wireframes, user flow diagrams, and application maps
- Create and test interactive prototypes
- Document interaction guidelines
- Prioritize MVP features and build a backlog
- Support the definition of roadmaps in collaboration with strategy and technology teams
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Mentor and manage junior designers
Someone who wants to influence their own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in Experience Design for digital products and services
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in a design or Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioral science discipline
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Figma/XD...
- Wildly creative and obsessively meticulous
- A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design
- Exceptional design talents with a stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to the diverse subject matter- from product interaction to software tools and applications to the web
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications and consumer electronics
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Solid understanding of practical benefits and limitations of internet technologies
- Intimate knowledge of how comps translate to code
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills
Why join Xecta? (pronounced Zek-ta)
Joining Xecta means you’ll be joining an exciting startup in the energy sector with offices in Houston and Dubai (even if you may be remote, you can always stop in!).
We are growing a vibrant virtual and physical culture. We are collaborative, creative, and united by our passion for improving the human experience through design.
Xecta is where physics intersects artificial intelligence to create the next-gen cognitive digital solutions for the energy industry. Our software products and digital solutions provide practical and robust workflows for energy companies.