The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the Chief Finance Officer and Finance Controller. The ideal candidate will have various responsibilities, including but not limited to support and involvement in a multitude of accounting processes across our firm’s divisions. As our firm prepares to launch a new ERP Financial system, we are looking for a new team member with a proactive work ethic and friendly personality. An ideal candidate is one that would have the desire to help us improve our processes, embrace change and add overall value. Candidates should foster new ideas and be able to pivot on demand so that we can continue to be successful and stay ahead of our growth.
The firm and the accounting department welcome a candidate with a friendly personality and willingness to dive headfirst into challenges with the team. Our goal is to improve and streamline our financial processes to make our work an example of our industry’s best practices.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Various Daily Journal Entry Preparation and transaction entries
- Various Balance Sheet and Income Statement Account reconciliations
- Accounting System report preparation for journal entries, analysis, and Financial Reporting
- Perform analytical review and research procedures
- Monthly Credit Card charge posting and reconciliation
- Monthly Bank Account reconciliations
- Monthly sales tax filing and payment
- Reviewing Operating, Cost, and Trust account check batch and support
- Assist in Month-end and Year-end closing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance (Minimum)
- 5 years experience in Accounting (Law Firm experience preferred but not required)
- Must have a strong understanding of double entry, accounting classifications, general accounting principles, and practices.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office and Excel Skills (Sort, Filtering, V-Look Up, and Pivot Tables)
- Must have communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
- Must have strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and complete tasks with deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well with others
- Sales Force platform experience is a preferred but not mandatory
$60,000 - $75,000 yearly
About Ged Lawyers
Throughout the United States, Ged Lawyers and its dedicated staff of professionals help victims of personal injury and natural disaster recover compensation for harm caused by negligence, misconduct or an insurance company’s unreasonable behavior. As a full-service law firm, we are here for our clients and their legal needs, with proficiency in a broad range of fields.