Looking to upgrade your Property Management career? This might be the opportunity you are looking for! LEAD a growth-oriented Property Management team. We are looking for a high-performing, charismatic professional who can mentor and develop a motivated team through a combination of informed insights, experience, effective leadership, support, and empathy. This person should think strategically and must be a prudent manager as well as a supportive, inspiring leader that will be responsible for building a strong, cohesive team and enabling growth, individually and as a collective, to further organizational success.
This position will drive the performance of RE/MAX Prime’s portfolio through the analysis of financial statements and reviews, key performance indicators and compliance with all policies and procedures; as well as physical, regulatory, and industry standards and requirements. This will be accomplished by providing leadership to staff and imparting industry knowledge and market awareness to help set and achieve financial, operating, and growth goals that support RE/MAX Prime’s strategic goals and priorities, aligned with our mission and values, and maximize financial performance of properties.
- Lead and develop the Property Management team, providing stability, guidance and insight and setting and communicating clear standards for staff to succeed in their roles.
- Responsible for annual work-planning to set direction and priorities with measurable goals that align with strategic plans.
- Oversight for the financial, compliance and physical performance of the portfolio.
- Work with the Property Management team to ensure that properties are performing on budget, maximizing property management fees earned and achieving financial goals.
- Review and monitor key performance indicators, such as rent collection, vacancies, turnovers, inspections, compliance, etc. on a monthly and quarterly basis and develop corrective action with the team as necessary.
- In coordination with their team, identifies and implements methods to improve property management efficiencies. Recommends modifications to property management programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
- Provide oversight and support for the compliance team in fulfilling compliance rules, regulations, and requirements for section 8 properties and ensures compliance with Fair Housing, Non-Discrimination, and housing legislation.
- Responds to owner and tenant questions and complaints/disputes; negotiates and resolves the most sensitive and controversial issues in a manner that is in the best interest of RE/MAX Prime and respectful of employees, partners, and/or residents; conducts formal investigations as necessary.
- Represents RE/MAX Prime to external owners, agencies, and other stakeholders on property management matters.
- Selects, motivates, and evaluates direct reports; Prepares and conducts regular and timely performance evaluations; coordinates training; coaches employees to improve performance and develop leadership skills.
- Recommends discipline and termination procedures when necessary.
- Manages a portfolio of company properties.
- Participates as a member of the Executive Leadership Team in the development of RE/MAX Prime’s strategic direction and ensures that the property management department and employees are working towards achieving these strategic goals and objectives.
- Always represent RE/MAX Prime in a professional manner. Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, subordinates, coworkers, and the public.
- Undertake special projects as directed by the President & CEO.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in residential single-family home Property Management
- Minimum 5 years of progressive management experience, with a proven track record of financial results and leadership.
- Must have a valid VA Real Estate License
- Knowledge of real estate law, rules, and regulations relating to affordable housing, and Section 8 properties.
- Knowledge of Appfolio preferred
- Experience with Google Workspace Suite
- Enjoys meeting people and takes pride in providing excellent customer service
- B.A. preferred, High School Diploma required
$50,000 - $60,000 plus bonus
About RE/MAX Prime
RE/MAX Prime provides professional, residential sales & property management services to families in the Hampton Roads Virginia area. We believe in a Team Oriented approach to delivering A Higher Standard in real estate services. This company is right for candidates that believe in the hustle and hard work, accountability, and discipline, and are team players who understand our family-like culture. To be successful in this company you must bring a positive attitude, have a growth mindset, and do the right thing! We offer a small, family-oriented environment that recognizes each team member’s contributions.