The Senior Production Manager is responsible for directing the functions and activities of our cannabis packaging team and infrastructure to include processing, packaging, quality control, warehouse management, order fulfillment and equipment management.
The Senior Production Manager will develop strategies to achieve operational objectives for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual production metrics. Duties involve directing the production team on a daily basis to ensure execution of the company business plan while simultaneously implementing continuous improvement initiatives that will deliver long term benefits.
- Develop and manage packaging and fulfillment standard operating procedures based on Bureau of Cannabis Control regulations, policies, objectives and program-specific needs
- Ensure the production organization accomplishes safety, quality control, schedule and cost performance
- Manage key performance indicators and reporting on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Champion and initiate continuous improvement projects to increase revenue per square foot and revenue per employee
- Identify new opportunities to increase quality control, reduce costs, improve output, impact business and operations goals
- Determine performance and product quality metrics and direct accountability for that performance
- Brief and communicate with customers, suppliers and executives with professionalism
- Recruit, build, train and lead high a performing team of packaging and quality control professionals
- Ensure order fulfillment accuracy and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering preferred
- More than 7 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience
- Experience leading people and obtaining results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of driving results in packaging, fulfillment and distribution environment
- Experience with high output, high precision packaging equipment
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply budgeting processes and financial management tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technology systems competency, particularly in financial, inventory, production planning and tracking applications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects
- Ability to document, plan, internally market, and execute programs
About People's OC
At People’s OC, we strive to provide a unique, exceptional customer experience from the moment you enter the dispensary. We pride ourselves with having a professional workforce, trained in the ability to tailor expert recommendations to each customer’s specific needs.
Our energetic team members combine excellent customer service with passion for the cannabis industry. People’s OC creates endless opportunities for our team members to gain valuable professional industry experience as well as making long lasting relationships.
Please visit our website at www.peoplesorangecounty.com
People's OC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.