Primary Residential Mortgage Inc
The Senior Product Manager is responsible to create, document, and direct the execution of a multi-year transformational effort to dramatically improve the operational efficiency of our loan fulfillment, origination, purchasing, and servicing efforts. The Senior PM will be expected to follow ‘lean startup’ methods and ensure business value/ROI is tracked and reported during the entire effort. The Senior PM will coordinate efforts between multiple delivery teams and other Product Managers/Owners, and work in tandem with an additional Product Manager who is currently leading the effort. The transformational effort will include re-designing from scratch the entire workflow, making use of new automation tools as well as outsourcing opportunities, and applying each of these three options in the most appropriate circumstances. Tracking ‘before and after’ data, managing risk, highlighting successes, and learning opportunities will be important to the success of this role. Will be updating the Executive team on a regular basis.
- Willing to maintain optimistic outlook and make consistent progress despite current circumstances or temporary setbacks
- Consult with Biz Tech team members, Corporate department Managers and other business leaders
- Build road maps and communicate a vision for what is possible
- Document the project according to Biz Tech team policies and procedures in Microsoft Azure Dev Ops
- Ensure the current status of the project is available to be reviewed via Tableau by appropriate parties
- Prioritize the enhancements and development needs to ensure the project efficiently progresses
- Provide documentation and other assets to empower the Marketing, Training, and Change Management efforts which must be included in this effort
- In partnership with the Marketing, Training, and Change Management teams, ensure adoption of the enhanced workflow
- Establish a ‘Center of Excellence’ MVP and demonstrate the improved efficiency of the new workflow with procedures for transitioning more participants into the COE
- Evaluate technology solution options and make recommendations for technology investments
- Track and report the ROI for all expenses in this effort
- Conduct multiple MVP evaluations, establish digital twins, prove and disprove hypotheses, pivot and persevere as appropriate, and hit target milestones on time and on budget
- Work with new and existing 3rd party vendors to facilitate workflow enhancements
- Research and gather business and/or financial information, perform basic ad-hoc analyses to support business decisions, and provide feedback to executive management regarding results.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business and its functions, processes and operations. Keep abreast of business and market trends, which may affect the organization.
- Must have previous experience successfully leading multi-year strategic efforts
- Must be very familiar with workflow efficiency improving methods – Six Sigma, or other similar – certifications preferred
- Certified product manager – Pragmatic Marketing preferred or comparable experience
- Excellent communicator – both oral, and written
- Able to remain calm during confrontational conversations or other challenging circumstances
- Extremely strong team player, able to earn buy-in and participation without compulsion
- Financial services experience – mortgage lending experience preferred
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Must be technologically inclined
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of fundamental project management standards and expectations and able to set and meet deadlines
- 3+ years of experience documenting fundamental product management assets such as problem statements, definitions of done, value statements, user stories, etc.
- Great leader
- Results and business value oriented, not effort oriented
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively handle multiple initiatives in parallel
- Ability to effectively and professionally handle difficult situations that may arise when working with branches/divisions
- Technical writing skills
- Effective at calculating appropriate ROI and other financial related evaluations
About Primary Residential Mortgage Inc
Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. (PRMI) is a nationwide, independent, full-service residential mortgage banker with over 280 branches in 49 states.
Our creative business model has provided decades of stable success, and in 2019 alone, we funded over $6.3 billion in loans and helped people all over the country reach their home financing goals. We believe in providing strong futures for our customers, our referral partners, and our team members.
If you’re looking for a company that feels like a family, make PRMI your new home. When Loan Officers join PRMI, they stay. In fact, the average tenure here is at least eight years. As part of PRMI, you’ll have the freedom you need to grow and thrive independently. Succeed on your own terms in your own way.