The Estate Plan
If you have significant experience in estate planning and estate administration, you may be an excellent addition to our growing law firm. As our estate planning and probate attorney, you will draft wills, trusts, and powers of attorney, and handle probate files from beginning to end, for our clients and their families. To ensure that an estate's management is handled in accordance with the wishes of our clients, this position requires a significant level of responsibility. We are searching for an applicant with substantial experience in estate planning and probate. Please apply if this sounds like a great opportunity!
Compensation: $150,000-$200,000 base yearly salary (DOE) plus incentive compensation.
- Prepare foundational estate planning (wills, trusts, and power of attorney documents) with strengths in conducting tax planning, asset protection, and special needs planning
- Keep client files properly organized and up to date
- Help solve legal problems for clients through analyzing the situation, understanding their needs, and creating a strategic plan of action
- Effective in advising clients on and leading a support team in funding trusts/aligning assets with the client’s estate plan
- Conduct and manage estate administration from open to close
- Oversee, counsel, guide, train, and mentor Paralegals and legal staff, including assigning work and monitoring work product
- Monitor relevant caseload pipeline and act as necessary to move cases progressively forward and through the pipeline in accordance with defined milestones
- Proactively work with the Managing Partner/Owner to assess and ensure efficient, effective operations of the Firm during monthly diagnostic meetings. Make recommendations on the design, deployment, and execution of policies, procedures, processes, checklists, templates, forms, etc., to create systems that run the business efficiently and profitably
- Manage/lead assigned Paralegal and Administrative Team and ensure skills development
- Engage in Business Development and Community Engagement
- Manage Client Relationships
- Participate in Firm Programs and Professional Development
- At least 5 years of working in a law firm on estate planning and probate law issues are required
- Great communication skills, particularly in stressful and emotional situations
- Bachelor’s degree with a legal background and J.D. degree are required
- Licensed member of the Florida Bar
$150,000-$200,000 salary (DOE)
About The Estate Plan
This is the break you've been waiting for! If you're here, you're ready for a change. We offer serious opportunities to grow rapidly. We need incredible people to join us in supporting our team and helping our clients. From awesome Macbooks to ultra-wide monitors, we'll set you up the right way. We laugh a lot, play games during team time, communicate in our chat rooms using emojis and GIFs, and make sure you're having a great day.
Our mission is to become the biggest and best estate law firm in Florida in the next two years. We deliver meaningful experiences for our staff and clients, embrace technology and eliminate paper. Also, we have puppies in the office.
Benefits for qualified employees include; Unlimited PTO, Medical & GAP insurance, Dental, Vision, 401(k) (matching), Life Insurance, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Short and long-term disability, Professional Development, and paid lunches for special events.