The Senior Mortgage Underwriter will review and analyze the credit package to determine if the borrower(s) qualify for a residential mortgage by following Victorian Finance, LLC policies and procedures, agency guidelines, and investor overlays, and to issue loan dispositions, including Conditional Commitment, Suspended with Conditions, and denials.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Program.
- Conduct risk analysis of loan applications.
- Determine approval, suspension, or denial of residential mortgage and issue a decision based upon the risk of the loan.
- Begin clearing conditions of the loan within three (3) business days of the closing to ensure meeting closing date.
- Respond to Loan Officer and Processor questions in a timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of Victorian Finance, LLC policies, and procedures, as well as agency guidelines and investor overlays.
- Provide training to Underwriter Assistants as needed.
- Comply with Victorian Finance, LLC policy, as well as industry regulations.
- Minimum three (3) years of underwriting experience in the financial industry strongly preferred.
Experience with one or more of the following:
- FHA Direct Endorsement
- VA SAR/LAPP Designation
- For individuals without prior underwriting experience, a minimum of three (3) years experience in the mortgage lending industry including thorough knowledge of loan processing plus specific underwriting training required.
- Knowledge of Encompass Program or any other Loan Originating system preferred.
- Proficient with Internet and MS Office.
- High School Diploma required.
- Team Oriented
- Attentive to Details
$80,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Victorian Finance
President, Sonny Bringol, started Victorian Finance, LLC in 2003 to help Pittsburghers achieve the American dream of homeownership. Since then he has expanded that achievement to a nationwide organization. Sonny designed our company culture and process to function with the end goal in mind—meeting our closing dates. Since the mortgage industry is unique, influenced by a number of factors outside our organization (regulation, etc.), our process is always evolving to accommodate those changes while keeping our eye on the goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer