Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc.
Sun West is a nationwide full-service mortgage seller /servicer with over 35 years of experience. As one of the fastest-growing mortgage bankers we provide exceptional service, technology, and product innovation. Sun West has set the mark in the Mortgage industry as one of the leading company’s offering a full product set including Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, VA, 203K, single close construction, Reverse Mortgages, Non QM, Investor Loans and other specialty products.
We are looking for people who learn quickly, multitask, have the ability to disseminate technical information and communicate it to our team and our borrowers.
As a Senior Loan Processor, you will be provided a competitive hourly wage with the ability for per file bonuses.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance and a 401 (k) program.
You will be responsible for:
- Respond to and resolve all emails received from the Sales Team
- Resolve all conditions on loans which are emailed or uploaded in the imaging system.
- Send a follow up email to the Sales Teams with loan updates, wherever necessary.
- Respond to QC feedback provided, wherever necessary.
- Ensure all documents are properly uploaded in the imaging system.
On Approval of a loan:
- Senior Loan Processor shall review all loan conditions and decide which conditions would be dependent on the Sales Team to resolve and which would be resolved by the Senior Loan Processor.
- Senior Loan Processor shall resolve as many of the Internal Conditions as possible.
- Senior Loan Processor shall review the documents uploaded in the imaging system and check if any items which are conditioned have been sent over with the initial package.
- Senior Loan Processor shall call the concerned vendors, update their contact information wherever necessary, set time-lines with them for having the required items sent in.
- Senior Loan Processor shall review all conditions placed on a loan to ensure they are correctly resolved, escalated and/or commented on in a timely manner and the client has been updated.
- Senior Loan Processor shall update the systems with comments, communication with any party and follow-up dates.
- Senior Loan Processor shall follow up aggressively on loans that are Clear to Close (“CTC”)
On closing the loan:
- CTC the loan once all conditions are cleared so docs can be scheduled
- Send the loan to the Docs Team and schedule to get the loan documents out
Once the Documents are out:
- Follow up on the Prior to Funding (“PTF”) conditions with the Loan Team.
- Escalate PTF conditions as soon as they are sent in to avoid funding delays.
- Be up-to-date with all relevant mortgagee letters, specifically ones released since 01/2008.
- A minimum of 2 years experience
- Experienced with DU and LP preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Customer service and detail-oriented, responsible and accurate.
- Calculate income accurately (per FHA / VA / Agency Guidelines), including but not limited to reviewing Tax Returns and any accompanying Tax Schedules.
- Verify assets required to close the loan, including but not limited to trailing funds, gift-funds, etc.
- Calculate the loan amount accurately in case of Rate and Term Refinance, Streamline Refinance, etc.
- Read and interpret the HUD 1 and can spot deficiencies, if any.
Be aware of the following laws/regulations and know how to apply the same:
- Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act (MDIA).
- RESPA Reforms - Appraisal Independence and HVCC.
- Have good/excellent Computer skills including but not limited to Web Browser, E-mail, Adobe Acrobat ® (Create PDF / Split PDF, etc.), Microsoft Office, and Google Apps.
- Have a good/excellent Typing skill/speed.
- Able to meet company set production volumes.
- Able to work additional hours as required.
$55,000 - $65,000
About Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc.
Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc. NMLS ID 3277 is a full service, mortgage banker established in 1980. The company's excellent service and fast turn-time have made Sun West a multi-billion dollar national originator. As a result, Sun West is a leader in offering a diverse set of products with low rates and excellent pricing. Sun West is a HUD-approved mortgagee (FHA & HECM), VA LAPP approved, USDA lender, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac Seller Servicer and Ginnie Mae Issuer. Sun West is a national leader in HMBS, residential, and commercial securitization.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule