We are looking for an experienced senior loan processor to join our tight-knit group of mortgage professionals. The successful applicant will have years of experience in loan processing, excellent attention to detail, and a skilled approach to customer service to help our borrowers navigate the mortgage closing process. We provide the opportunities, the team, and the growth potential to help you achieve your career goals. If this sounds like the ideal job for you, please reach out to us today!
- Confirm that all loan files, credit packages, and disclosure packages comply with company lending policies, as well as state and federal lending guidelines
- Input loan file documentation accurately into necessary software programs
- Source and order third party documentation needed for residential home loans, create and maintain the mortgage loan file, and assist underwriters by clearing conditions as requested
- Be the main point of contact for title companies, mortgage loan officer/mortgage loan originator, real estate agents, borrowers, and mortgage underwriters to facilitate a timely loan closing
- Obtain and verify that all loan documentation, such as title insurance, appraisals, loan applications, credit reports, and income and asset declarations are accurate and provided promptly to underwriters for loan approval
- Order the following documentation as necessary: Verification of Employment, Evidence of Insurance, Payoffs, Tax Transcripts, Credit Supplements, Condo Questionnaires, Subordination Requests and Title Work as needed for each file
- Manage a pipeline of loans and maintain a timely and compliant flow of such loans through the process
- Communicate with Underwriters to clarify conditions. Help administer all documents that are needed to satisfy underwriting requirements
- Follow up on documents ordered in a timely manner
- Maintain loan origination system and database with the proper loan information
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required
- Monitor and ensure closing dates and company deadlines are met
- Handle all borrower communication from the point of contract to closing of the loan
- Handle all Loan Officer, Loan Partner and Underwriter communication with updates
- Be a sponge for information/knowledge, always striving to be the best possible at your position
- Be a leader, helping us improve our processes and procedures to always deliver a world-class experience to our clients and referral partners
- Mortgage industry knowledge, specifically federal and state regulatory requirements are necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma required
- Familiarity with MS Office, Loan Origination Software (LOS), and Automated Underwriting System (AUS) are beneficial
- Commercial loan and Refinance loan knowledge is helpful -- knowledge of various residential mortgage loans such as FNMA, FHA, VA, USDA, and Conventional is essential
- Know how to analyze credit reports, income and asset documents, as well as general ways to structure a loan
- Exceptional attention to detail, must be organized, and have excellent time management
- Minimum 2 years mortgage processing experience, 5+ preferred
- Current or previous experience fulfilling the roles of Processor, LOA, Loan Partner, Loan Officer and/or Underwriter
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task without being micro-managed to meet multiple deadlines and a keen sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Experience working in a broker’s environment and using Calyx software
$80,000 - $110,000 yearly
About Summit Lending
Orange County, California based Summit Lending is a direct mortgage lender, specializing in FHA, VA, and Conventional Fixed Rate for home buyers and homeowners throughout California.
Summit Lending is proud to provide personalized service in the digital age. With all technological capabilities at our fingertips.
Summit Lending is a locally owned and operated business that has served California homeowners and buyers for two decades. Our focus on exceptional customer service has earned us the support and endorsement of clients, REALTORS®, and affiliate partners throughout the State of California.
We are a proud supporter of local Orange County schools, local charitable organizations, and non-profits benefitting children in developing nations. We are proud to appear on KFI Radio’s The Patriot Program, and are a Homes For Heroes Affiliate Lender.