SL LAW FIRM
Job Description: Litigation Attorney (commercial, trademark and copyright)
Salary Range: $100,000.00-$125,000.00 + Bonus Pay, Origination Bonus
Location: Remote/Office (Flexible)
Benefits: Paid Vacation, Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits; Professional Development Assistance
A fast-growing small law firm (3-4 attorneys) based in Dallas, TX, is seeking an independent Senior Litigation Attorney with excellent writing, client management, and interpersonal skills who will lead and manage the litigation docket for the firm. Clients range from small business owners to publicly traded companies. Our law firm has a great culture with emphases on teamwork and work/life balance, and this will be a great opportunity for the attorney who is looking for growth on both personal and professional levels. Bonus Compensation will be based on work performance. The candidate must be admitted to the Texas bar. Ideal candidates will have at least 4 years of experience in commercial, trademark, and copyright litigation. Experience in real estate/business transactions is a plus.
This job is a supervising position which will require supervising, managing and otherwise providing guidance for staff and a junior attorney.
Other duties include duties as a lead litigation attorney:
- Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and drafting briefs for submission to a client, court, or arbitrator
- Appearing in a court of law, arbitration, or another judicial tribunal on behalf of the firm's client, as well as presenting well-reasoned arguments to the judicial body
- Motion practice analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents
- Performing discovery of various electronically stored data and hard copies of information in preparation for litigation
- Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the law firm or for a client — and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and M and A
- Reporting to the firm owner and managing staff and a junior associate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in a courtroom and at a deposition
- Compassion and ability to build a relationship with clients
- Strong understanding of business
- Willingness to be a mentor/mentee and a team player
- Embracing different cultures and backgrounds (the law firm heavily deals with foreign clients)
$100,000-$125,000 + Bonus Pay
About SL LAW FIRM
We work hard to serve our business clients in all aspects that they need, and we aim to tailor a unique approach for your specific issue.
Our mission is:
- Commitment to Honesty: We commit ourselves to be always honest with our clients, regardless of our firm's personal interest, our client will receive honest and practical legal advice to resolve their legal issues.
- Commitment to Balance: We commit to providing the information, support, and advice so our clients acknowledge the gravity and the importance of their legal issues. Maintaining this "Balance" is key to success. Internally, we commit to making an internal environment that provides support for each staff member's personal, professional, and financial goals.
- Commitment to Giving: Our firm grew in this community and because of this community. We believe we must give back to the community we serve in a meaningful and significant way.