Philadelphia area IP Law Firm
Do you love to try cases? Do you love standing up for those who are being wronged? Do you also love trademark law? Are you looking for a better quality of life, where you can just do your work in a firm that rewards excellence? Do you want to earn a comfortable salary plus quarterly bonus compensation based on measurable performance goals?
Our growing intellectual property firm is seeking a well-qualified senior trademark attorney and litigator who can handle a heavy caseload, work independently, and zealously represent our clients both in and out of court. To be considered, you should have a background in trademark law, solid trial experience and be willing to mentor our newer associates. Your excellent communication and writing skills will come in handy as you thoughtfully position our clients toward favorable outcomes. Reach out to us today if this opportunity sounds ideal for you.
- Stay updated on changing applicable laws and statutes on the local, state, and federal levels
- Strategize, prepare for, and attend trial proceedings, mediation, and arbitration
- Represent clients in court to argue motions during legal proceedings
- Develop and implement legal strategies in business and trademark litigation matters and TTAB proceedings
- Draft legal documents, such as pleadings, motions, briefs and discovery requests/responses
- Conduct trademark clearance analysis, draft opinions, advise clients re trademark strategy
- Prepare thoughtful trademark registration applications with an eye toward achieving client goals, not minimizing time spent
- Oversee trademark policing, advise clients re trademark enforcement
- Draft and respond to Cease & Desist letters through litigation or settlement
- Supervise and mentor lower-level attorneys in litigation and conflict resolution
- Persuasive writing skills and verbal communication skills are critical, along with time management and interpersonal skills
- Completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree, as well as 3-year law degree from an accredited law school
- Previous experience advocating for clients in trials, mediation, and arbitration
- The ideal candidate has experience in and a deep understanding of trademark law and patent law. Copyright law is a plus.
- Must be able to craft thoughtful trademark strategies for USPTO prosecutions, appeals, and oppositions.
- Must be able to keep clients' goals in mind at all times.
- Must be admitted to the PA Bar and E.D. Pa
About Philadelphia area IP Law Firm
We are a fast-growing IP boutique law firm in the Philadelphia area. We help inventors, startups, and small-to-medium-sized companies secure, protect and enforce their intellectual property.
Our mission is to empower start-ups and growing businesses with client-centered solutions and practical advice about trademarks, patents, copyrights, and business law. We do this by being our authentic selves and practicing active listening and empathy in client communications. We believe professionalism starts with authenticity.
We work mostly remotely (from home) with excellent work/life balance and a supportive, collaborative, results-based culture. We reward and celebrate great performance using objective KPIs.