The world needs your best skills to overcome its biggest challenges.
Are you a graphic designer interested in climate technology? Are you looking to maximize your impact in tackling the climate crisis? This might be for you.
Market 8 is hiring a Senior Graphic Designer
Location: Remote - Must have equipment and infrastructure to work 9-5 EST (or 5 hours of overlap)
In a Nutshell
Market 8 is a small services and consulting firm that provide marketing strategy and execution for clients whose products or services have the potential to improve the world in substantial ways. We work mainly with firms that sell high-value products or services to other businesses. Most of our clients are climate tech companies.
A fully remote company since inception, our small team is proudly composed of members working in North America, Europe, and Asia. With our passionate base of clients, our diverse team is given the freedom to develop creative and passionate marketing solutions. Built on the values of Joy and Accountability, we pride ourselves on enabling our Market 8 community to pursue fulfillment and happiness in and out of work.
You’re a great fit for the role if you have a passion for creating thoughtful work while possessing a mastery in a broad spectrum of disciplines: branding, social media, copy, typography, illustration, motion, and layout design. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, motion graphics, video editing styles, and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including sales enablement materials, social media creative ads, and landing pages.
Working with a small, intentional client base, the Performance Marketing Manager will have control over all of the levers to execute the funnels they devise, from keyword research to conception and creation of an offer, campaign setup, ad creative, conversion landing page, workflows, and conversion tracking. They should be comfortable coordinating efforts with other team members, copywriters, and designers, as well as comfortable with contributing at a strategic marketing level.
Typical Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Consultants and Performance Marketers to produce creative social media ads, videos, landing pages, etc
- Design, build and execute creative campaigns across digital/social channels for leading B2B SaaS/Tech brands while integrating the fun and engaging creativity captured in B2C branding
- Understand and optimize created assets based on performance data
- Effectively manage multiple projects
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Maintain knowledge of, and stay up to date on, the latest industry technology, trends, and techniques
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate regularly via email, Jira, and Zoom to keep team members and clients up to date
- Experiment with tools in the stack to get the most value/productivity
- Work with a cross-skill team on complex business problems to drive growth
What we’re looking for:
Are your qualifications different, but you still think you fit? No worries. We’re looking for candidates confident in their abilities and willing to grow.
- 5+ years experience as a Graphic Designer or similar design role
- Proven work experience of strong digital design experience from animations to presentations
- Experience owning creative campaigns across all channels (including creative copy creation), but especially on social and digital platforms
- Deep understanding of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) as well as smaller and emerging platforms
- A compelling portfolio of work, showcasing your digital, print, and motion experience
- Experience working with SaaS/Tech brands
- Creativity and innovative spirit - always thinking one step ahead
- Passion for tackling the climate crisis
- Values of joy and accountability
- Cultural fit with Market 8 team: results-driven, data-driven, go-getter, continuous improvement, respectful, teamwork, meaningful impact
- Desire to work hands-on with a small, intentional client base
- An ability and desire to work independently and remotely
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- At home equipment and infrastructure to work 9-5 EST
Preferred Stack Experience:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop
- After Effects and Premiere
- Social Media platforms (Facebook, Linkedin, Quora, etc.)
What you can expect from us
- Competitive compensation, at $60,000 to $90,000 yearly ($US)
- Access to software and other technologies that facilitate remote work processes
- Dedicated time and budget for personal growth and learning
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Yearly stipend for home-office set-up of your choice
$60,000 - $90,000 yearly
About Market 8
Market 8 is a mission-driven company. We seek to do important work with clients whose innovative ideas, products, and services can change the world for the better. We have begun to focus mainly on climate tech.
- We exist to bring satisfaction and happiness to the daily lives of our team, our clients and the rest of the world.
- There’s a simple word for what we strive to deliver: Joy.
- Talk of joy may seem New Age, out of place in a business setting.
- Even so, we all know joy when we feel it, and we know how flat and pointless life feels in its absence. We think a sense of joy is all too rare in business. It energizes everything.
- We pride ourselves on enabling our Market 8 community to pursue fulfillment and happiness in and out of work.
Collaborate. No one knows everything.
Be radically open-minded.