Hargrave Family Law
We help good people end broken marriages by practicing family law differently, helping clients end marriages in a manner consistent with their values. Clients deserve better than a process that ends in warfare. Divorce can become a period of remarkable growth and transformation when you focus on the future that you want to create rather than the past. People need to know that they have options when facing a divorce. We help them find a better way.
If you’re a collaborator at heart, let us hear from you. We are seeking the perfect match for a superior, seasoned Senior Attorney with at least 10 years' prior experience in a family law firm in Texas.
Please read this posting carefully.
This senior role in our firm is crucial to building a team to care for clients in both a compassionate and efficient manner, guiding them through our collaborative, cooperative approach. The perfect applicant must be able to:
- Proactively work in conjunction with the Owner and Executive Director to ensure efficient and effective daily operations of the Firm, working with us and our dynamic legal team; be instrumental in the growth of our team members and the Firm as a whole; assist in streamlining our procedures and processes
- Creatively strategize a plan for achieving the client’s goals; think outside the box to craft unique solutions
- Prioritize, monitor, and facilitate daily workflow for self, other attorneys, paralegals, support staff; monitor case dockets, calendar, events, and deadlines; manage own calendars, oversee the scheduling of appointments, hearings; oversee tracking of deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Monitor and promote effective daily operations and firm operational systems as they apply to client work
- Oversee, counsel, and mentor associates and paralegals, supporting them in further developing expertise and skills; provide ongoing feedback to associates and paralegals; provide input to the Owner and Executive Director in the employee review process
- Prepare in-depth for hearings, trials, conferences, mediations; collaborate with paralegals and support staff regarding same
- Enter time accurately and contemporaneously into the Firm’s case management system; timely review client invoices to ensure accuracy as well as monitor case events
- Address accounts receivable balances on client cases as necessary
- Spread the word about our firm and approach by engaging in marketing activities, including networking opportunities and events, writing blogs, conducting presentations, leading potential client consultations, maintain contact with former clients and lead sources, and other marketing activities as requested
- Assist the Owner and Executive Director in furthering the mission of the Firm as directed; assist Executive Director in implementing Firm policies, procedures, and other directives regarding attorneys, paralegals, and support staff
A Senior Attorney at our Firm unequivocally has the following skills:
- Knowledge of complex business strategic planning and personnel management skills
- Highly collaborative in nature; strong Interpersonal skills in working with clients, attorneys, court personnel, Firm members to foster a cooperative approach to minimize conflict
- Proven ability in training and managing attorneys, paralegals, and support staff effectively
- Capable of creating an innovative solution unique to a family’s needs
- Quick-witted sense of humor to fit in with our highly-spirited team
The particulars on benefits: Paid Holidays and PTO (eligible @ 90 days), Health Insurance benefits (eligible @ 60 days), Long Term Disability Insurance benefits (eligible @ 180 days), Retirement benefits (eligible @ 1 year), budget for State Bar Fees/Professional Organizations/CLE.
If you think you are the person we're looking for, and you meet ALL of the requirements and have ALL of the skills above, you should apply to receive your next steps.
About Hargrave Family Law
Hargrave Family Law is a boutique family law firm specializing in a divorce using collaborative, non-adversarial techniques and creative solutions. We are committed to finding the right solution for each of our unique clients, advocating for them to protect what matters most while never losing sight of their core values.
The particulars on benefits for all full-time positions:
- Paid Holidays (immediate)
- PTO (eligible at 90 days)
- Health Insurance benefits (eligible at 60 days, partially subsidized)
- Long Term Disability Insurance benefits (eligible at 80 days, subsidized)
- 401(k) benefits (eligible at 1 year with employer contributions)