Prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements. Develops and implements all department standards and procedures, and is responsible for estimating projects as well as the review of all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Must be able to prepare complete itemized Conceptual Estimates in support of negotiated opportunities for both Medical and Government Clients.
- Deals with owners and contractors to resolve technical and/or value engineering matters during negotiation and contract execution.
- Analyze contractual documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and scope changes.
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews bid opportunities and outlines pros and cons of going after each project for a go/no-go decision.
- Reviews bid opportunity documents (RFP, Plans and Specs) to identify critical trades where market bids are needed to bid on the project.
- Outstanding knowledge of planning, scheduling, staffing, budgeting and job costing
- Deep knowledge of commercial construction materials and methods
- Strong management and interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to perform difficult and complex estimating activities typical to the engineering and construction industry
- Ability to work with engineering drawings and specifications
- The ability to look at any construction project and break down the entire project into the required individual components (studs, nails, electrical boxes, breakers, control points, registers, rebar, steel structure, etc.)
$100,000 - $120,000
About Herman Construction
Herman Construction Group, Inc. is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business headquartered in Escondido. Herman Construction provides full-service general construction services to public and private clients, with a focus on federal and military projects.