Hungry Planet, Inc.
This remote-based role, develops and grows the overall business within assigned coast accounts while achieving top-line sales, margin, and profit objectives consistent with the goals of the Food Service Division. Manages Food Service accounts, Distributors (at the Opco level), Region Chain, Ingredient, and basic food service functions. Executes overall account management to attain sales goals and objectives for Hungry Planet.
This role will require a person with multifaceted skills and deep experience in all Food Service business development.
- Develop and execute annual sales plan for the Food Service Channel in the assigned region
- Develop local market strategies to secure drive customers to secure local stocked distribution, work with distributor operating company to ensure product(s) is/are open coded, leverage local brokers to increase product(s) velocity
- Develop robust list of target accounts and an actionable plan to initiate contact, gain appointments, sell in new distribution, manage item testing where needed, and manage item set up from 3PL to distribution to the operator
- While our business is growing rapidly and winning new business daily, we are still in a phase where the sales team is focused on growing distribution (vs managing already existing business)
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual goals and budgets (partnering with relevant cross functional partners)
- Directly sell to operators to add Hungry Planet to their menu, including adapting stock selling materials to build relevant and targeted selling decks/stories, delivering new business presentations, and working creatively with accounts to overcome obstacles
- Manage Broker partners to motivate them and gain disproportionate share of attention for Hungry Planet. This includes training brokers representatives and executing “work withs” to get them comfortable with the brand and the unique selling points
- History of selling into and strong relationships with the major broadline distributors (at the OpCo level) and manage those relationships to success through training their salespeople, in market ride withs and attending trade selling shows
- Work with Marketing to build relevant promotions, with operations to forecast, and finance to manage profit by item, market, customer, and period
- Fully utilize sales and marketing driven data both internally and externally
- Monitor and evaluate goals and budgets; make necessary adjustments throughout the year
- Analyze, present, and interact with Senior management team both internally within Hungry Planet and externally with customer’s organizations
- Identifies account issues and opportunities, and then works with the appropriate internal and external resources to communicate and resolve matters and exploit opportunities
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 10 years of Food Service Sales Management experience and a minimum of 5 of those years on non-commodity/value-added products
- This is not a price orientated sell
- Effective verbal and written communication capabilities
- 50%+ travel
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES (Specialized education, specific software experience, etc.)
- Experience building business from the ground up.
- Solid computer skills – Office, G Suite, etc
- Solid and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Experience selling to large customers
- Experience selling with Region Chains
- Experience in an emerging category is preferred
- Sales Management administrative skills
About Hungry Planet, Inc.
Hungry Planet® is a fast-growing food company that has developed a full range of premium plant-based meats having the delicious taste and texture of conventional meat. The company's premium plant-based meats are sought after by omnivores, carnivores, flexitarians, and vegans alike, and have a lighter environmental footprint using fewer resources from planet to production. Hungry Planet’s expansion from serving the Foodservice industry to offering Direct to Consumer sales in mid-2020 has resulted in ongoing growth. Hungry Planet’s chef-crafted recipes are growing in popularity on social channels and the Hungry Planet® brand is becoming more broadly available through online channels, grocery stores, and food service establishments.