Houlihan Lawrence Private Brokerage is the luxury division of Houlihan Lawrence and provides marketing services for luxury listings.
We are seeking local candidates only, as this role is located in Bedford, NY and requires travel to properties in the NY metropolitan area.
The Senior Copywriter position composes, edits, and proofreads copy for property listings, brochures, MLS, Special Features, and advertisements. Provides day-to-day administrative support such as answering phones. Assists with special projects as needed.
- Copywriting for luxury listings. This includes visiting new listings and writing copy that describes the physical attributes of the house, plus the lifestyle it offers to buyers. Additional copy responsibilities include ad copy, headlines, editing, and copywriting for listings, luxury newsletter, and social media. This position requires fluency in the language of luxury, and the ability to work collaboratively with listing agents.
- Write copy for promotional materials. Work closely with corporate marketing in ad creation and meeting publication deadlines.
- Review and edit materials as requested for grammar, readability, and consistency with style standards and best practices.
- Collaborate on creative projects and new marketing initiatives.
- Event coordinator: manage catering and agent needs for Broker open houses.
- Administrative duties such as answering office phones and routing messages, organizing collateral materials.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, fine arts, education; or equivalent work experience.
- Four years of marketing/real estate copywriting experience
- Real estate background and/or knowledge of luxury marketing
- Experience with graphic design, marketing, or advertising tool is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of luxury style in real estate; knowledge of architecture preferred.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Google Doc/ Calendar, and Dropbox. Familiarity with InDesign is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities and a strong customer-service focus
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; initiative, attention to detail, and a team player
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Ability to handle stress and work under pressure
About Houlihan Lawrence
For 125 years, Houlihan Lawrence has been the market leader in New York City's northern suburbs with the largest regional and global network.