SUL LEE LAW FIRM, PLLC
Part-Time Senior Attorney
ABOUT US AND THE JOB
If you love being an attorney but need a work-life balance, this is a perfect position. Our Dallas-based fast-growing Business, Commercial, and IP Litigation Firm eagerly invites qualified and experienced Of Counsel candidates to explore a possible fit, working about four days a week with our energetic, fast-paced, and growing team.
As the Firms’ Of Counsel, you should have a set of litigation skills derived from experience in an established firm or agency setting. You should look forward to:
- leading state and federal cases as well as arbitrations, and directly advising clients;
- strategizing and laying out detailed practical solutions; and,
- executing solutions. both by directly handling billable work and by delegating and coordinating with appropriate attorneys and staff.
- Lead the case:
- Assess business and IP documents, evidentiary issues, and substantive law; communicate with client and opposing counsel; take direction, delegate, and coordinate with the team.
- Prepare the case for success in arbitration, mediation, and trial. You will be the client’s advocate and hearings, mediations, arbitrations, and trial.
- Draft legal documents – Legal drafting is crucial to this position
- You should be ready to discuss and rely on your experience drafting motions and proposed orders; discovery requests and responses; pleadings and applications; proposed orders and writs, and; interim and final settlement documents
- Communicate and Coordinate:
- You should have experience communicating with opposing counsel and courts, as well as appropriately tracking your time and providing clients with status updates;
- Expect to play a role in supervising legal staff as well as mentoring junior attorneys
- At least 5+ years experienced in Commercial or IP litigation
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Bar Admission and good standing, Texas preferred
- Think logically and rationally, and be ready to communicate same persuasively
- Display excellent verbal and writing skills
- Possess a sense of initiative as well as a desire become an active member of a team
- Have a history of excellent document and data organization skills, with efficiency and attention to detail
- Be trustworthy, and have a clear understanding of the highest professional ethical obligations in all situations
$87,000 - $110,000 yearly
About SUL LEE LAW FIRM, PLLC
Sul Lee Law Firm is ranked as 66th fastest-growing law firm in the nation by Law Firm 500. Our focus is heavily on business and IP litigation and transaction. It is our goal to make sure that whoever contacts our firm, they are in a better place than before they contacted our firm (whether they are employees, clients, or potential clients.) In order to do such, we commit ourselves to the followings:
- Commitment to Honesty: We commit ourselves to be always honest with our clients. This means, regardless of our firm’s personal interest, our clients will receive honest and practical legal advice to resolve their legal issues.
- Commitment to Balance: We commit to making a working environment that provides support for each staff member's personal, professional and financial goals.
- Commitment to Giving: We believe we must give it back to the community we serve in a meaningful and significant way.