Atlanta Family & Immigration Law Firm
Our growing firm is seeking a well-qualified senior attorney who can handle a heavy caseload, work independently, and zealously represent our clients both in and out of court. To be considered, you should have solid trial experience and be willing to mentor our newer associates. Your excellent communication and writing skills will come in handy as you thoughtfully position our clients toward favorable outcomes. Reach out to us today if this opportunity sounds ideal for you.
- Counsel associates to resolve or prevent conflicts
- Strategize, prepare for, and attend trial proceedings, mediation, and arbitration
- Conduct research and draft pleadings, briefs, and motions
- Represent clients in court to argue motions during legal proceedings
- Prepare legal documents, such as pleadings, motions, notices, and discovery requests/responses
- Performs quality legal work, and oversees entire matter files from case initiation, case strategy/planning, including regular status conferences with clients throughout the process until successful completion of the case;
- Meets with clients after they have hired the firm to determine case strategy based on their goals and the law.
- Assesses eligibility for relief from removal proceedings, and represents detained and non-detained clients in removal proceedings in Immigration Court;
- Represents clients at USCIS interviews; prepares case strategy and clients/witnesses for court/USCIS testimony; oversight of court hearings and USCIS interviews;
- Drafts, reviews, and files appropriate court pleadings including legal motions, petitions, and briefs; prepares appropriate immigration applications;
- Participates in training and works closely with staff to draft and implement program protocols, work-flow processes, and case-related policies and procedures;
- Responsible for legal operations consistent with the firm’s mission and principles while playing a key role in managing client relationships. Oversees activities and production of the legal team while also working closely with the administrative team.
- Communicates with third parties, courts, and opposing counsel, delegating to Legal Team when appropriate;
- Anticipates issues and potential for new business with existing clients; networks as strategized with Firm Owner
- Participates in monthly meetings with assigned support staff to collaborate on case strategy and determine case statuses; reports case statuses on a monthly basis to Firm Owner;
- Provide excellent customer service while building client rapport and trust;
- Member of state and local bar associations in good standing
- 5 years of required experience as a senior associate in the legal field
- Previous experience advocating for clients in trials, mediation, and arbitration
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills are required, as well as persuasive writing and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a law degree from an accredited law school (such as an LLM, JSD, or J.D. degree)
About Atlanta Family & Immigration Law Firm
Atlanta Family & Immigration Law has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing law firms in the US for the past few years and we've done it by providing legal representation with compassion, gusto, and integrity. These are people who bring their "A-Game", are enthusiastic and have a positive attitude, take initiative and responsibility, and are hungry to learn and grow. If you learn quickly and understand that working hard is important this job is for you. If you communicate well, have integrity, and really care about immigrants, this job is for you. If you are dynamic, adaptable, deliver results and produce above the minimum standards, this job is for you. If you work well under pressure and can juggle several projects at once, this job is for you.