Carolina Family Estate Planning
Senior Associate Attorney - Estate Planning, Estate Administration, and Tax Planning
- Are you an estate planning and estate administration attorney, with expertise and a passion for protecting clients and their families from taxes, financial predators, fiscal mismanagement, and family feuds?
- Do you love solving a puzzle by coming up with advanced planning strategies and then explain them to clients and colleagues in ways they easily understand?
- Do you love the law and working with clients, but hate dealing with operations and management?
- What if you could have a work-life balance and a docket full of clients and great compensation without having to spend your efforts on marketing and sales?
If what we’re describing seems like it might be a good match, please read on...
- Our firm is looking for an experienced, innovative, well-organized, highly skilled Senior Associate Attorney, who has a growth mindset and commitment to adding value and experience to our clients and our firm
- The Senior Associate Attorney we are committed to finding will be responsible for mentoring and coaching other team members in high-level planning tools including multi-generational estate and tax planning strategies, asset protection techniques, and the preparation of estate tax returns
- The Senior Associate Attorney will need to develop methods to explain the strategies employed to a variety of audiences: you’ll want to make sure your teammates can carry out and explain what you’ve come up with; you need to assure clients that their futures are in good hands, and you’ll need to advocate for clients--sometimes helping explain plans to family members, financial advisors, accountants, or other professionals. The Senior Associate Attorney’s responsibilities will extend from “soup to nuts” in terms of providing legal services to clients
- He or she will: meet (some in person and some via web) with clients to strategize around their goals to design the plan that will work to best to serve clients’ interests; review documents before they leave the office or over the web, for quality and accuracy; work with our Lead Attorney to address any process and procedure opportunities they see, and team up with the rest of the firm in all departments
- You are compassionate, and yet you also understand that the firm needs to work efficiently and profitably in order to grow and to best serve the community
- The candidate takes pride in a job well done and understands that going the extra mile is what it takes sometimes
- The ability to connect with clients and other firm team members is paramount to driving personal and firm success
- Nobody wins unless everybody wins is a must-have attitude
- You must have a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited school of law with a current license to practice law in the state of North Carolina with at least 5-10 years’ estate planning and estate administration experience including estate tax returns, and high net worth asset protection planning
- An L.L.M. in Taxation and/or equivalent experience is required
- The ability and experience to delegate and educate team members are essential for growth and development. Integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness must be unwavering to succeed, along with a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team as a whole. In a nutshell, you will have a knack for producing excellent legal work, editing information, and establishing priorities. You also naturally maintain order and adapt to changing priorities
- You follow through and look for ways to improve established procedures, support the process of evaluating and creating new procedures, and ensuring completion of all files by established deadlines
- You must also be coachable, have a positive attitude, be willing to learn and be a leader in the firm.
- We have a culture of driven and committed professionals and are looking for the same in a new team member
About Carolina Family Estate Planning
Carolina Family Estate Planning is an innovative, well-organized, well-run, rapidly growing entrepreneurial law firm focused solely on estate planning, estate administration, elder law, and asset protection in Cary, NC.
The firm has an experienced Firm Administrator and an amazing team who handle the day-to-day management, operations, HR, marketing, and the like so our legal team can focus on what they do best, providing excellent, unsurpassed legal counseling to clients.
We provide top compensation, bonuses, and a robust benefits package for full-time employees.