We are looking to hire a highly motivated and adaptive accounting professional to join our growing team at Reali who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision.
Are you a Senior Accounting Manager who thrives and enjoys working in a dynamic environment to support our continued growth? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Provide accounting leadership and support for Reali Loans including technical, operational, and reporting activities.
- Manage and execute month-end close activities, working with the rest of the team to provide timely and accurate reporting.
- Establish and maintain working relationships throughout the company, working well across functions with a variety of skill and knowledge levels.
- Assist in operationalizing new and/or complex transactions and function as a liaison for Accounting with the Loan Operations teams.
- Lead implementation of new accounting standards, processes, and systems, as necessary.
- Participate in the design, preparation, and completion of external and internal financial reports, including audited financial statements.
- Support the annual external audit, including technical accounting work performed over new and/or complex transactions, new accounting standards, or changes in existing policies.
- Support in improving the Company’s existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop, implement, and maintain key policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Active CPA preferred
- Big 4 (4+ years) and private industry experience (2+ years)
- Financial services industry experience and accounting knowledge of the mortgage industry required
- Excellent technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of current GAAP standards
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills for highly collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, proactive, quick learner with a desire to improve processes and drive the accounting department towards increasing efficiencies
- Ability and desire to build and cultivate strong relationships with team members and internal business partners
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookup, Sumif, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Experience in a start-up environment strongly preferred
Nice to Haves
- Experience with NetSuite, Oracle or other ERP systems
- Experience with loan-level accounting systems
- Experience with accounting research and technical accounting memo writing
- Public company experience is a plus
- A strong analytical mind with an ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting hard deadlines
- Evidence of making an impact and the drive to be the best
- References who confirm you challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same
- Collaborative behaviors. You're excited to work as a team throughout the organization to help cultivate an amazing workplace and culture
$150,000 - 170,000 yearly
Reali is made up of experts and technologists who collaborate to deliver transparent, stress-free real estate solutions for buyers, sellers, and agents. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, and founded in 2016, Reali supports the entire transaction process from beginning to end with full-service offerings including loans, mortgages, real estate, escrow, and more! By merging decades of industry expertise with proprietary technology, the Reali team has developed a suite of intelligent products including the PricePredictorTM tool, which takes the complexity and uncertainty out of buying a home. Reali has cemented a winning reputation with an A+ from the BBB and was voted one of 2019’s Best Places to Work.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.