Scott Engineering, Inc.
We're hiring a data-driven senior accountant with manufacturing experience for an integral position on our team. You’ll keep our general ledger up-to-date, ensure the accuracy of our financial information, and work with an inventory tracking system that integrates with QuickBooks . Candidates should be experienced problem-solvers, well-organized, detail-oriented, and time-efficient.
- Coordination of financial presentations
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as needed to support business
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and raise alarm if necessary
- Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Coordination of cost accounting and reporting activities
- Develop / maintain cost accounting framework
- Establish annual labor and overhead rates
- Provide support for annual physical inventories and cycle counts, and inventory analysis
- Drive improvements to reach goals and KPI’s
- Assist with monthly close process financial statement generation
- Assist with A/R & A/P duties
- Coordinate semi-annual audits and assist in running audits.
- Prepare documentation for External Auditors.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Must exhibit exemplary problem-solving, communication, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- MiSYS Experience a PLUS
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, reading and writing skills in English, in order to communicate effectively with various levels of management, staff members, customers, and vendors.
- 5+ Years of Accounting Experience, with 2+ Years of manufacturing industry experience required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
$60,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Scott Engineering, Inc.
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business ‘owner’ with a vested interest in our success. We’re also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.