Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Our company is looking to hire a Trailer Mechanic to perform a variety of preventative maintenance tasks on our trucking fleet. While we prefer someone who has a certificate or technical training in mechanics and truck repair. We are willing to work with any mechanical professional that has knowledge of air brakes, hydraulics, electrical, and ABS brake systems. Welding or fabrication experience is also a plus, as these techniques often come in handy when making repairs on trailers.
Trailer Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose issues in semi-trucks and tractor-trailers
- Perform preventative maintenance on trailers
- Test equipment and systems for performance
- Perform repairs to brakes and electrical systems
- Replace parts
- Document repairs
Trailer Mechanic Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of a certificate program or technical training in mechanics and truck repair
- Knowledge of air brakes, hydraulics, electrical, and ABS brake systems preferred
- Experience with various hand tools
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical strength and stamina
- Welding or fabrication experience (preferred)
- Humble - Putting team members first and knowing it's ok not to know everything. While there’s always a time and place to celebrate individual accomplishments, we succeed or fail as a team
- Hungry - We own it and get it done, we do what we say, and are constantly improving. We want you to find your comfort zone. And then seek to challenge the hell out of it, again and again. Complacency kills.
- Smart - High Emotional Intelligence, understand how my actions and words impact others, use common sense in all that we do. “Marshall B Rosenberg,” said We are dangerous when we are not conscious of our responsibility for how we behave, think, and feel.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate degree or higher in a related field is preferred.
- Must have one (1) or more years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record, CDL Class A or B preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams and schematics and use of instrumentation tools preferred.
- Knowledge of burner design, management, and control preferred.
- Operational background in mechanical, hydraulic, electrical circuitry and equipment repair preferred.
- Knowledge/background in tig welding, background in boiler operations preferred.
- Experience reading blueprints/manuals/service bulletins preferred.
- General hazardous chemical awareness, use of PPE, and spill control procedures preferred.
- OSHA 10 certification preferred.
- Food manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment.
- Must be available to work overtime when needed.
- Computer skills, email, excel, and internet explorer a plus.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, crouch, bend, reach, kneel, crawl and stretch.
- Ability to work from elevated platforms or scissors lift.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear without visual cues.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs.
About Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Badger State Fruit Processing is one of the largest, independent, cranberry growers in the country! We have our own receiving station, cold storage freezers, juice concentrating facility, sweetened dried facility, distribution warehouses, and Gardner Trucking. We deliver superior quality fruit and superior customer service.
Visit our website: www.badgerstatefruit.com
Or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BadgerStateFruit