Full Time (40 hours per week)
Referrals and Pre-certifications in ENT
The Operator/Secretary performs routine clerical tasks helping all secretaries in the department ensure a smooth and efficient department flow. The Operator/Secretary has the primary responsibility of answering all calls from the switchboard and return voicemail messages of the department secretaries.
The Operator/Secretary also assists the physician secretaries with making appointments for patients, sending out letters to patients, scheduling referrals, processing of e-faxes for all providers, processing of incoming and outgoing products and maintaining accurate and orderly schedules for providers.
1. Effectively manages phone calls, voicemails, and faxes to ensure proper communication between customers and providers is maintained.
2. Make daily calls to patients
3. Schedules appointments and registers new patients that are referred
4. Assist secretaries with incoming and outgoing referrals
5. Assist department with mailing out or faxing correspondence; Copy and fold brochures for patient education
6. Assist secretary with processing incoming and outgoing products.
7. After mastering above tasks: Learn to cover for secretaries when they are on PTO or out of the office.
Additional tasks required for coverage:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Working knowledge of multi-phone line answering systems preferred
3. Working knowledge of electronic appointment scheduling program
4. One year of experience scheduling medical appointments
5. Basic computer skills; word processing, spreadsheet, email and web browsing
1. Maintains confidentiality
2. Uses above average communication skills
3. Actively looks for ways to help customers
4. Is tactful
5. Projects positive self image to customers
6. Determines work priorities; self starter
7. Demonstrates problem solving ability
8. Well groomed
9. Compensation varies depending on experience