Macias, Weiss and Associates, CPAs
Seasonal Tax Preparer
Cape Coral growing firm is looking for a dynamic, proactive, hard-working, self-motivated individual that can excel in a fast-paced environment. The preparer must possess strong analytical, critical thinking, and tax preparation skills at a high level with minimal supervision.
This is an ideal position for a person that would like to work minimal hours in a professional accounting environment. During tax season, working hours are 20+ per week. Possible opportunity for an increase in hours as the firm grows.
Tax preparation will include the preparation of 1065, 1120, the 1120S, 1041, and 1040 with attached schedules (including schedules A, B, C, D, E), 990, 940, 941, RT-6 returns, and more.
- Review and of client documents
- Preparation of Tax returns that are simple to complex
- Ability to review financial records and make adjustments in order to prepare financial statements needed to prepare returns
- Strong communication skills in order to correspond with the client to obtain additional information as needed
- Ability to review a return to determine the accuracy
- Tax preparation experience using Ultra Tax Software a PLUS
- Accounting using both QuickBooks Desktop a MUST and QuickBooks Online is a PLUS
- Other duties as needed
- Tax preparation experience on the personal and business level
- EA or CPA candidate Preferred
- 3+ years of tax preparation and financial reporting
- Solid knowledge of accounting concepts and fundamentals
- QuickBooks experience required
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to problem solve and possess analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required;
$16 -$20 hourly
About Macias, Weiss and Associates, CPAs
Macias, Weiss and Associates is a fast-paced, friendly, and highly dynamic accounting firm. We strive to offer our clients the best service while building relationships, we aren't just number crunchers!