The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist must be detail-oriented, highly collaborative, organized, and someone who asks the right questions with genuine curiosity. They have the ability to maintain a bird’s eye view of all SEO efforts as well as dive into the weeds to assess efficiency, accuracy and deliver superior results. Not only will their effects drive Mavericks Marketing as an industry leader, but you will also nurture the high-quality and reliable environment our clients love.
The Search Engine Optimization Specialist is responsible for day-to-day management and execution of search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. S/he uses search engine optimization (SEO) knowledge to assist clients and Mavericks Marketing in generating fully optimized content and content strategies to direct web traffic as well as customer interactions in tandem with integrated campaigns.
The Search Engine Optimization Specialist position requires at least 3-4 years of search engine optimization experience, with a proven SEO track record, and possesses a desire to become an expert in the search marketing field. The SEO Specialist also has knowledge and experience using Google, Microsoft, YouTube, WordPress, Google Optimize, Heat mapping and other search marketing and analytic tools are required and must be experienced in Excel. S/he needs strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills, must be an excellent time and project manager and be detail-oriented.
- Manages search engine optimizations efforts across multiple channels and multiple geographies (locally and nationally) to ensure specific client and agency goals are met
- Manages all tactical search engine optimization efforts, including keyword research, UX testing, content recommendations, landing page optimization, conversion rate optimizations, etc.
- Serves as the primary contact and subject-matter expert for search engine optimization internally, including Google, Microsoft, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and other designated search engines
- Researches, collects and analyzes data, leveraging internal and external resources, and data sources to report on successes and actionable opportunities for SEO Strategy
- Utilizes software tools and data modeling to maximize the effectiveness of the SEO efforts
- Generates and disseminates management and internal reporting to ensure that the wider team is aware of organic search performance trends
- Interpersonal Skills/Active Listening
- Outstanding Communication
- Brand Stewardship
- Composure Under Pressure
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Data Interpretation/Forecasting
Skills and Qualifications
- Successful candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- 3-4 years of Search Engine Optimization Experience - both technical and from a content standpoint
- Google Analytics Certified
- Ability to work within a wide range of clients and yield quantifiable results
- Must be accountable and not afraid to share opinions and ask questions
- A desire to grow with the company and contribute to agency culture
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other third-party analytics and optimization tools
- Strong Excel skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills, demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, and show strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Candidates must have the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Agency experience or experience working with multiple clients is a plus
- Prior experience with SEO software (SEMRush, Ahrefs, just to name a few…)
- Proficient GA/GTM setup and tracking knowledge
- A leader with strong analytical capabilities
- Thoroughly understands the ever-changing world of digital marketing — specifically in the search engine optimization realm.
- Knowledge of HTML and WordPress CMS development or management is a plus
- Questionnaire Completion - https://forms.gle/UosmCQpRw4Fgfy5g9
- Strong references and portfolio of past work required
- This is a non-remote position. Candidates will be required to work from the Denver Office.
$45,000 - $65,000 yearly
About MAVERICKS MARKETING
Most companies struggle with the strategy to build a large brand that disrupts their industry. We have a process that helps them develop the right strategy and tactics to implement so their company can become a market leader in their industry.
We dedicate ourselves to reshaping the way businesses develop strategies as well as how those strategies are implemented. We approach each client with an outside perspective to not just their business strategy but their industry. Our mission is to develop and implement a business strategy that will not just differentiate you in the market, but disrupt your industry.
Mavericks Marketing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status., or other applicable legally protected characteristics.