Cathedral Preschool is hiring!
As a member of our teaching staff, you will:
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn
- Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
- Partner with staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement
- Cultivate positive relationships with families and teachers
- Create friendships that will last a lifetime
The benefits our career professionals enjoy:
- Dental and life insurance
- Childcare discount
- Paid time off
- 4 day work week (10 hour days. You get a day off!)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- Active Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential (or willing to obtain)
- Completed 15 core ECE Units Infant/toddler (or willing to obtain)
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds and work indoors or outdoors
- Ability to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children
- Read, write, understand, and speak English to communicate with children and their parents in English
- All center staff applicants must meet state specific guidelines for the role
- Provide basic needs for children
- Provide tools and resources for children to use and explore during learning and play activities
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of children
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and parents
- Manage classroom activities including lessons, play, breaks and meals
- High School diploma (minimum) required but BA is preferred.
- At least 6 months of previous work experience in a licensed childcare facility is required.
- Must be willing to obtain a CPR and 1st Aid certification.
- Must be willing to complete 15 hours of continuing education classes per year.
- Must be able to work work well with others.
- Must have a passion for teaching.
- Ready to have fun and feel like you are making a difference.
$15 - $18 hourly
About Cathedral Preschool
Cathedral Preschool partners with families to provide a quality academic, Biblically-based education to equip both parents and students to impact their culture for Christ.
Cathedral Preschool’s educational process and commitment, both in and out of the classroom, is directed to the development of Christian students to enable them to interpret the different aspects of their educational experience into Christian living. Sharing the gospel to students and parents is an important part of Cathedral Preschool’s educational experience. The primary goal is to provide an educational opportunity for Christian students, with the students and parents agreeing to comply with the Missions and Beliefs set forth in the Belief Statement. Cathedral Preschool is also committed to advancing Christian education in our community and region.