Family Forum, Inc.
Transports children, in a safe and efficient manner, to and from the centers daily. Provides transportation for field trips or other center activities. Ensures the health and safety of children and that no child is left unattended on the bus. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates the vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
- Safely run a fixed route, with the responsibility for the safety of the children, stopping at railroad crossings and performing other specialized driving maneuvers.
- Never leaves a child unsupervised on the bus.
- Administer basic first aid in case of an injury.
- Knowledge of organization and transportation policies.
- Handles emergency situations, including vehicle evacuation procedures, directs the bus monitor on how to assist (if assigned).
- Operate any special equipment, such as wheelchair lifts, assistance devices or special occupant retraints.
- Conduct routine maintenance and safety checks of the vehicle and immediately reports any problems to supervisor.
- Maintain accurate records as necessary and submits in a timely manner.
- Ensures vehicle is clean, uncluttered and free of obstructions on the floors, aisles and seats according to sanitation policy.
- Ensures backpacks, book bags, etc. are properly secured on the bus.
- Follows agency transportation plan, policies and procedures and state transportation laws and regulations.
- Monitors bus monitor assigned to their vehicle (if one is assigned).
- Conducts 3 vehicle evacuations per year.
- Conducts a pre trip inspection every day and reports suspected mechanical problems at once.
- Conducts a thorough post-trip inspection for children or other items left on board and any vehicle problems.
- Conducts a second check for children before parking the bus at the end of the day.
- Immediately reports incidents, accidents, or unusual situations that could or did place a child at risk of injury.
- Reports any significant safety hazards (routes, roadways, changing weather conditions, etc.) to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Refrains from excessive conversation while driving which could be distracting and cause an accident.
- Responsible for keeping CDL and required endorsements current and provides a copy of the current certificate or card to (immediate supervisor).
- Maintains proficiency in use of cell phone and vehicle safety equipment.
- Courteous and professional with children, parents and staff.
- Supports bus safety curriculum.
- Follows procedures regarding child transfer policy.
- Accurately reports hours worked in accordance with time sheets and records policy.
- Assists in recruiting families.
- All staff are to ensure the health and safety of children at all times and report any known misconduct.
- Program plans are included in the job responsibilities of the position and are to be implemented in addition to this job description.
- In an emergency, staff are expected to comply with agency emergency procedures and not abandon their duties and responsibilities.
- Commercial Drivers License with passenger and school bus endorsement
- Required training's to include First Aid and CPR
- Child Abuse Neglect Reporting
- 1 Hour Driver training annually
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high quality programming, family support and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.