Rural Mutual Insurance
Be an integral member of the training team by developing and conducting training programs for our professional property and casualty agents.
Responsible for assisting in the development, maintenance and effective delivery of the Career and Financed Agent Sales Training Programs involving product, sales and new agent orientation that reinforce the company’s business objectives.
In addition, this person will assist in coordinating training opportunities available from our business partners and provide support by assisting the Agency Managers in developing material for local classes.
Compensation includes a complete benefit package with health, dental, life and LTD insurance, time-off benefits and a matching 401(k) plan.
- Determine and implement attainable goals for agents through coaching and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Coach, lead and train a sales team
- Oversee market research to remain competitive
- Develop a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues
- Manage sales reports and adjust strategies as necessary
- Assist in developing, maintaining and delivering sales training programs
- Assist in developing, maintaining and delivering an orientation program for agents
- Assist in developing, maintaining and delivering personal, commercial and farm lines training programs for agents
- Assist in the implementation of a training schedule and help manage organization of sessions/workshops
- Use and apply computer-based learning tools and methods to programs. Use creative techniques in blending different e-learning strategies with traditional training methods to maximize learning
- Help organize and develop training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other education materials
- Help create evaluations of training to be provided after all sessions, tracking effectiveness and making recommended refinements to programs
- Assist District Managers in developing and delivering materials for local training classes
- Assist in ensuring compliance and filing of CE credits for course material being used by the company
- Deliver presentations at agency or company meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior sales experience is extremely important
- Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Three years of multi-line property and casualty insurance training, underwriting, sales or claims experience
- Current Wisconsin P&C and L&H insurance licenses or willingness to obtain within first six months in the position
- Demonstrated skills as a trainer
- Training experience in an insurance setting desirable
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to seek out new and better ways to train and deliver training material
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to efficiently and accurately operate a personal computer using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Available for overnight travel
$55,000 - $60,000 per year based on experience
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the 11th consecutive year and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.