Adams Extract & Spice
- Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Receive orders by telephone, internet, facsimile, or in-person and document appropriately.
- Support additional Sales Division needs and ERP functions.
- Confer with customers and salespersons by telephone, email, or in-person to provide information about products, take orders, or obtain details of complaints.
- Enter orders in the ERP system accurately and confirm orders with customers and salespeople in a timely manner with appropriate lead time.
- Process departmental, fax, warehouse, online, and EDI orders in a timely manner.
- Process customer RMA’s, promotions, and additional data entry in a timely manner.
- Assist with maintenance of sales reports, as needed.
- Process voids and customer overrides in a timely manner.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolve customers' service complaints by performing activities such as tracking and replacing merchandise and refunding money.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of order status, claim investigation results, or any planned adjustments.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Maintain and update WIP, filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems by using a computer.
- Place materials into storage receptacles, such as file cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers, according to classification and identification information.
- Abide by all federal, state, and company regulations and policies including safety and sanitation regulations, and follow all work procedures.
- Report issues with equipment, materials, etc. to supervisor.
- Backup other clerical positions as necessary.
- Strong Knowledge of the company's internal ERP Systems and data collection.
- Over 1 year, up to and including 2 years of experience
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Strong knowledge of GMPs
- Strong communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer, math, reading comprehension, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding customer service
About Adams Extract & Spice
Since John A. Adams made his first product in 1888 and mixed his first vanilla extract on top of an old icebox in 1905, successive generations of Adams employees have built, extended, and sustained a respected and thriving company producing premium quality extracts and spices used with confidence daily in thousands of homes, restaurants, and food manufacturing facilities. YOU are reading this message because we want YOU to be a part of that proud tradition!