Courtyard by Marriott Pentagon Alexandria
Our busy hotel is looking for an enthusiastic leader with great sales skills and a customer-focused approach to be our next sales manager. You will add passion and creativity to our sales team, as well as build a strategy to reach and exceed revenue targets through outside sales calls, on-site visits and sales tours, and community networking. You will also be able to increase sales by monitoring local market trends and competitor activity in order to find and close business leads. We are searching for someone with at least 3 years of sales and marketing expertise, as well as a love for meeting new people and providing exceptional customer service. Apply now if this sounds like an exciting opportunity!
- Develop and maintain connections with important group and catering accounts in order to maintain and expand our market share
- Supports the director of sales and marketing in preparing the department budget as well as the hotel's overall sales goals and strategy
- Generate new business, close deals, and increase revenue by cold calling, on-site visits and sales tours, and community networking
- Represent property at appropriate travel industry trade shows and conferences while adhering to the guidelines of the marketing plan and budget
- Study and research local market trends and competitor activity to discover potential leads
- Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED and a bachelor’s degree in business or a similar field a plus
- Must have previous sales experience working in the hospitality industry
- At least 3 years of experience in sales management or in a leadership role in the sales department, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Exhibits superior communication, negotiation, and interpersonal abilities
- Good organization and time management skills
About Courtyard by Marriott Pentagon Alexandria
Revel in comfort and convenience at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, perfect for government business and leisure getaways alike. Navigate your way around our Virginia area with our close proximity to Inova Alexandria Hospital, Mark Center, and The George Washington Masonic National Memorial. Nearby, you can explore world-class activities and monuments in Washington, D.C.