We are a small family owned business operating out of Taylor, MI. How small? Well, we currently have 20 full time employees and need a Sales Engineer to participate in our growth.
A little about us, we specialize in packaging equipment/machinery and flexible packaging solutions. We like to have fun and enjoy our work. If you pop into our fabrication shop you may see some of our guys riding bikes or tinkering with motorized skateboards. If you stop by at the end of the day on a Friday, you’ll see that we serve free beer! Yes, you actually just read that.
Now that we have your attention, let’s get back to the real purpose of this job posting. We are in need of a Sales Engineer to join our work family. This position is perfect for someone who loves people, has excellent customer service skills and is technically inclined.
Our employees are an extremely important part of our organization and we show them that we genuinely care about them by providing internal customer service regardless of their position. We break the barriers and traditions that are typically seen in corporate environments by keeping an open flow of respect and servitude throughout our organization.
Our passion for our customers and industry has led us to search for a dynamic Sales Engineer who shares our drive, understands our vision and can go above and beyond to deliver superior customer service time and time again. We are dedicated to helping our employees grow personally and professionally as well as providing a culture that is geared towards helping them succeed. Our benefits include:
A typical day in the life of our Sales Engineer would be fielding phone calls from customers, developing and creating quotes, involvement in sales and marketing initiatives, answering questions, providing training and compiling documentation. Being hands on with our equipment and learning about our products is the key to success for this position.
Possession of strong customer service skills is essential. We serve a wide variety of customers from enterprise-level organizations to entrepreneurs that are eager to bring their business and vision to life. Regardless of their size, we are devoted to giving them our best and treating them with respect. We firmly stand by belief in the power of great customer service and the impact that it can have.
Sound good? We sure hope so! You should definitely apply if you are capable of the following:
1) You need to be a team player. One of the perks of being a small company is that our employees often have opportunities to learn skills that may be outside of their job description. If we have a deadline to meet, we may need all hands on deck, including yours! As a united team, we are all working towards the same common goal and work together to accomplish it.
2) You need to genuinely enjoy helping others. We love our customers and want to show them that they are important and that we care. We have learned over the years that the level of service that we provide to our customers is easily carried out by those who have a helpful and compassionate nature. Viewing fellow employees as internal customers and lending a helping hand during times of need will certainly lead to your success within our family-oriented atmosphere.
3) You need to be detail oriented. Our customers have specific needs and we need to ensure that their needs and requests are met and completed accurately and quickly. The ability to retain details and technical specifications is one extremely valuable way to ensure customer satisfaction.
4) We need you to be qualified to do the job. Having strong organizational skills, being comfortable with Microsoft Office, and displaying an ability to develop in-depth knowledge about both the industry and our competition will ensure success. If you were an avid Lego fanatic growing up (or still are!) we would consider that to be a bonus. Although this is not a traditional sales role, we appreciate any prior sales experience that you are able to bring to the table.
5) You must be willing to learn. Our equipment is important to us and knowing the ins and outs of it is extremely helpful to customers who would like to purchase it. We always encourage our employees to think outside of the box and continue to develop both personally and professionally. As a company, we encourage our employees to read our book list and attend training programs that help foster innovation and better serve our customers.
Congratulations, you made it all the way through this job posting! Although we are genuinely in need of filling this position in a timely fashion, we understand how important it is that we find the correct culture fit for our work family. After submitting your application, you will receive an invitation to complete a personality assessment. Please note that completion of the assessment is required in order for us to review your application. Our hiring process may be a unique experience for you, but we promise we will keep you posted every step of the way. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to meeting you soon!