Scott Engineering is in search of a Sales Engineer who will Support both sales and engineering by assessing the potential application of company products or services and offers solutions that meet customer needs. The team member will research and present reports showing potential customers the cost-benefit of buying company products or services. Uses technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales. The candidate knows commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; works under immediate supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Follow core values and core purpose, and see our vision of powering Solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education: We prefer a bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to apply AC/DC circuit principles in conjunction with industrial design for product generation.
· Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, and correlation techniques.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret a wide variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Inventory Misys, Solidworks, and Autocad.
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business ‘owner’ with a vested interest in our success. We’re also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.