SP Distribution is a successful distribution company of juvenile products in the United States. We are looking for an experienced team member to join our great team. The candidate will be responsible for building our forecasting plan, managing purchasing processes, allocating products across sales channels, and analyzing sales data. The candidate will work closely with various team members in our Sales, Operations, and Finance Departments, as well as with our global team.
The Sales and Demand Planner will report to our Head of Sales and be responsible for collecting and analyzing sales and operational data, evaluating and predicting sales trends for different product lines, building forecasting models for demand planning, managing purchasing processes with international suppliers, and supporting the management of optimal inventory levels.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for using their analytical mindset to analyze and interpret sales data and convert these insights into a concrete procurement plan. The candidate will feel comfortable using insights they have discovered to communicate important themes and discoveries to company leadership.
Job Type: Full-time in our Coral Gables, FL office. Telecommuting is not ok. We offer a competitive salary with benefits (medical and 401K), and a friendly, multicultural work environment.
- Health insurance reimbursement program (QSEHRA)
- Retirement plan (Simple IRA plan with a company match up to 3%)
- Paid time off (Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays)
- Discretionary annual bonus plan based on overall individual and company performance
- Leads the sales forecasting and planning process by creating and administering forecasting models, identifying trends, and making actionable recommendations.
- Oversees the sales database and enforces its integrity.
- Creates periodic sales, on-order, and inventory reports for the company leadership.
- Prepares weekly business snapshots of our top 10 customers.
- Builds and manages the company’s procurement plan and drafting purchase orders for the company’s overseas suppliers.
- Creates orders in the NetSuite ERP system and coordinates with the operations team to ensure timely arrival of orders placed according to forecasts.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data.
- Manages orders placed overseas by creating orders in the NetSuite ERP system and coordinating with Operations to ensure timely arrival of orders placed according to forecasts.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses: studying proposed changes in methods and materials
- Compiles data from NetSuite ERP software
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of related work experience is a must
- Must be organized and analytical
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. (You must be able to do V Lookup, Pivot, and Logical processes in multiple sheets in excel with ease)
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to work well with all levels in the company
- Hands-on experience with SCM systems (Supply Chain Management), ERP, EDI, and cataloging is preferred.
- Previous working experience in Consumer Goods field is preferred.
$75,000 - $85,000 yearly
About SP Distribution
We are the exclusive Distributor of the Doona products in the US as well as other juvenile products. Doona is a visionary company committed to improving and simplifying the lives of parents and their babies by introducing innovative products and solutions. Constantly driven by the mission and identify pain-points in day-to-day parenting. Doona is the only fully integrated Car Seat and Stroller Company in the USA and Globally. Doona works collaboratively, leveraging the broad capabilities and experience, to alleviate these pains. The outcomes of this process are high-quality products and solutions that truly make an impact on modern day parenting.