DoubleTree by Hilton Chico
Sales Coordinator/Banquet Captain
Our successful hotel is looking for a hospitality professional with a sales mindset to assist in helping grow our hotel. You will serve as a liaison between the sales department and the front desk to provide our guests with an unforgettable experience at our hotel in addition to attracting new guests to increase our revenue. You'll be in charge of responding to guest inquiries, contacting potential new guests based on networking and referral leads, and assisting the sales team with administrative tasks as well as working banquet events. We are looking for someone with exceptional communication skills as well as previous sales experience. Please apply as soon as possible if this describes you!
- Perform an initial pitch to a list of business and referral prospects based on your research and networking
- Increase revenues by upselling and providing additional amenities and upgrades to customers to ensure they are entirely satisfied
- Assist sales team by managing schedules, filing important documents, and communicating relevant information
- Generate sales presentations and a variety of additional materials for prospective customers highlighting event space, dining and catering services, and facility amenities
- Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all hotel sales inquiries, providing prompt and professional responses
- Understand the needs of each customer and work with them to create a customized proposal that meets their requirements
- Stay up to date on hotel policies, services, and rates in order to provide accurate information to potential guests
- Keep track of all sales leads and follow up with potential guests on a regular basis
- Attend trade shows and other events on behalf of the hotel in order to generate new business
- Develop and maintain relationships with travel agents, corporate clients, and other referral sources
- Update the hotel’s website and other marketing materials on a regular basis
- Monitor competitor activity and keep abreast of industry trends
- Prepare weekly sales reports and present them to hotel management
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events and promotions
- Perform any other duties as assigned by hotel management
As the banquet captain, you will be responsible for managing the staff schedule, ensuring that banquet operations run smoothly, and prioritizing the comfort and safety of our guests.
- Welcoming guests upon their arrival and assisting them with their seating arrangements.
- Assisting managers and organizers with planning the layout and logistics of events.
- Setting up and managing staff shifts and timetables.
- Developing and providing staff with the necessary training, including customer service and serving etiquette.
- Managing the setup of events.
- Running the floor and coordinating the food and drink service by liaising with the kitchen and service staff.
- Monitoring the inventory of supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Tending to guests' requests, questions, and complaints.
- Ensuring that the venue and facilities remain neat and clean.
- Ensuring that all applicable safety regulations are communicated and adhered to.
- Demonstrated exceptional social, verbal, and negotiating abilities
- Proven track record of sales success
- Must have previous sales experience working in the hospitality industry
- Stays organized and manage time well
- 2 or more years experience in sales.
- 1 year or more in food and beverage/serving industry preferred.
- Experience as a sales coordinator or in administration preferred.
- Good team development and leadership skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Good administrative, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, sales, and customer service skills.
- The ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines.
- Open availability
- Event planning experience preferred
$16 - $18 hourly
About DoubleTree by Hilton Chico
Located in Chico, we are an award-winning upper-upscale Hilton-branded hotel with 174 guest rooms, pool, spa, and the Sycamore Tap & Table. We embrace our demanding guests and strive to exceed their expectations with every visit.