The Sales Associate is responsible for achieving excellence in sales performance for the property, which means meeting the sales/leasing objective for the company. This requires excellent customer service, impeccable communication skills, and the ability to close deals. The Sales Associate will meet or exceed expectations for sales performance in our exciting results-driven culture.
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize and complete guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals, (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) and submit processed applications to the DOSM for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move in on agreed date.
- Follow up on prospects. If unable to help prospect at designated property, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
- Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Monitor renewals. Distribute and follow up on renewal notices.
- Assist in the distribution of all company or community issued notices.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand the lease and contracted credit report application.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance service requests and inform the maintenance team.
- Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to resident on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed service requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Asst. Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on a continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions.
- Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Asst. Property Manager.
- Enforce policies of the community.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- A minimum of one-year experience in a customer service related industry or combination of sales and marketing skills/education with customer service experience is preferred.
- Fair Housing education, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- Demonstrate the ability to support and contribute to community and team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written community skills.
- Competence in operation of telephone, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook, Dropbox, Yardi and community software.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever preset at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Successfully pass a drug test.
$40,000 - $50,000+
About Ciprani Consulting
Ciprani Consulting recruits and trains talented individuals within the Real Estate industry. We are not your average recruiting company; our recruiting also comes with a package for training your new hire. Successful companies and individuals often do not have the time to locate or train talented team members. At Ciprani Consulting, we come along side you, bringing years of industry experience working with the best of the best... and handle the heavy lifting for you.