SCM Group North America
Sales Administrator - Quotes and Order Management
The Sales Admin serves as a key contributor in quote management and machine order processing. Collaborates with multiple departments to achieve accurate and timely product delivery to SCM Group customers.
The individual in this role will work with SCM Product Managers to gather sales information and compile accurate quotes and/or orders. Responsible for communication and coordination of order information to other departments essential to product delivery and machine installation including Service, Logistics, Spare Parts, Accounting, and the like. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compiling and maintaining new order paperwork, including follow up with sales staff, logistics, customers and other departments as needed.
- Utilizes company systems to compile information from Sales and other sources into quotes and contracts. Requires utilizing a combination of several systems and applications to gather, compile and coordinate data, which may include: Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, emails, Quoting system (CPQ), Customer database (CRM) etc.
- Coordinates communication of various order details such as, peripherals and part requirements and installation timing, to logistics, spare parts, service installation team.
- Places machine orders with factory in Italy. Manages coordination of order code/data changes between factory, Product Management and other involved departments.
- Maintain various reports such as, pending order list and factory machine orders.
- Monitors monthly forecast and other reports to “look-ahead” and plan for upcoming orders.
- Also provides other administrative support to Sales and trade show activities as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a business-related field. Previous experience in quote/order processing is highly desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other applications.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking skills and process-oriented.
- Experience using CRM and CPQ systems.
About SCM Group North America
SCM Group North America is a world leader in industrial woodworking machinery. We are part of SCM Group S.p.a. Italy, providing the most advanced skills and know-how in the fields of machinery and industrial components over the last 70 years. SCM Group North America is the center of all North American Sales, Service, and Spare parts, supporting our customers in the furniture, construction, cabinetry, and various other market sectors.
We offer a team-oriented work environment, competitive compensation, and a strong benefits package, including affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage; company-paid STD, LTD, and Life; plus a 401(k) with matching.