The Safety Manager is responsible for providing technical and regulatory support to Rock Solid, providing occupational safety and health compliance needs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; performing comprehensive safety and DOT compliance audits, maintaining customized written compliance programs, helping to provide site-specific training, and conducting and documenting site safety inspections.
• Assist with site safety audits and inspections, help to complete comprehensive reports of findings including remediation/correction plans to ensure compliance
• Assist with preparing detailed reports of findings using appropriate forms, diagrams, photos and narratives to provide a clear understanding of exposures
• Help examine work sites to identify biological, chemical physical or radiological hazards in the workplace and look for sources of potential injury to those at or near location
• Assist in preparing and conducting training classes
• Manage employee and supervisor accountability programs
• Conduct OSHA compliance and DOT safety assessments
• Develop written reports, programs, management systems, emergency management planning, hazardous material and safety training programs
• Observe how to communicate with management on existing and new regulatory issues, trends and initiatives
• Learn project management to ensure project goals are met as well as technical excellence, quality and feasibility
• Help design and implement safety-related programs, such as OSHA compliance programs and DOT compliance programs
• Schedule, and document inspections and DOT compliance needs
• Performing accident and injury investigations to identify safety violations and determine how to correct safety problems
• Help predict problems by calculating risks and examining data from safety records, as well as industry data
• Manage administrative programs and 3rd party compliance auditing websites
• Education: Completion of two or more years of college is required for undergraduate or currently a graduate student in good standing. Candidates should be completed and/or actively pursuing a career in a Safety or Environmental Health related field of study
• 2 years heavy civil construction and or trucking industry experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Ideal candidates excel in team environments, are service orientated, and have a willingness to learn and take direction from others.
• Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Fast-paced, multiple-task environment requiring strong organizational skills and sound decision making. Work environment includes outdoor job sites year-round, industrial shop and equipment yard, and indoor offices. Work requires the ability to climb ladders and stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
• Perform work on a computer for extended periods of time
• Sit/stand for extended periods of time in work area
• Grasp objects using your fingers (fine motor skills)
• Communicate in writing and verbally in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Lift and carry objects up to 40 pounds
• Climb ladders and stairs to access work areas
• Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
We are a fast-growing organization focused on building & recycling our country’s infrastructure in a sustainable, and environmentally friendly way. Rock Solid is one of the largest specialty contractors performing Soil Stabilization and Road Reclamation in the United States. We have maintained over 10% growth annually for the last 8 years by providing exceptional customer service to private and public sectors clients while leading the way and setting the standards for the pavement preservation & soil stabilization industries. The science of sustainable reconstruction continues to evolve and prove to be cheaper, faster, stronger, and more friendly to the environment than conventional techniques. Join us for a Rock Solid Future in a growing industry.