Rural Mutual Insurance
Safety Control Consultant - Dane County/SW Wisconsin
Rural Mutual Insurance Company has a great opportunity for an experienced safety and loss control professional to join our growing team.
We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious, experienced, and outgoing safety and loss control professional that will be equipped to work from home throughout southwestern Wisconsin.
You will be meeting with farms, agri-business, commercial, and municipalities to provide training and inspections. As part of a greater team dedicated to the safety and financial protection of our policyholders, you will provide policyholders with guidance and technical expertise on a range of safety topics.
$55,000 - $60,000 based on experience. Complete benefit package including health, dental, life, vision & LTD insurance and a matching 401(k) and employee bonus plan.
- Provide consultation services including safety training, safety and loss control inspections, loss history evaluations, and program development to medium and large-size commercial policyholders.
- Assist the commercial lines underwriting process by evaluating client operations, risks, and controls. This includes safety and loss control pre-surveys of large commercial prospects and annual surveys of existing accounts.
- Prepare technical safety and loss control reports, develop appropriate safety and loss control recommendations, and issue recommendation letters to policyholders.
- Provide technical training and guidance to agents and underwriting staff on safety and loss control topics.
- Provide public training to trade organizations, conferences, seminars, and continuing education classes in support of Rural Mutual’s focus on protecting Wisconsin employees and businesses.
- Develop safety and loss control resource materials that can be provided to our agents, underwriters, and policyholders.
- Assist in the continued development of the safety and loss control material library and website.
- Improve processes within the company to increase the level and quality of service provided to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Insurance or equivalent degree or work experience.
- Minimum of five years of safety and/or loss control experience in insurance, manufacturing, construction, or agriculture.
- Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, DOT, NFPA, FMCS, DSPS, DNR, and other relevant safety and regulatory standards.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient personal computer and mobile technology skills with the ability to use MS Office Suite and learn a variety of proprietary technology platforms.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Available for overnight travel (<5%)
$55,000 - $60,000
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the 12th consecutive year and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.
This is the kind of company you want to work for doing the kind of job you love to do…protecting people and property.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides competitive compensation packages for our employees.
We also provide all of the tools you need to be successful working from your home office including company vehicle and access to continued professional development and education.