Health & Safety Specialist will use their knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace and will provide support to construction personnel in the development and implementation of safety plans for individual projects and/or tasks.
• Work with the Superintendent of Construction to identify project risks.
• Work closely with Lead/Sr. Safety Specialist to implement safety philosophies and best practices.
• Work closely with team members to continually reinforce safe work practices.
• Work closely with Contractor to support and ensure the requirements of the project-specific safety plan as well as all company policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
• Study the effectiveness of the project specific safety plan and suggest improvements for the current and future projects.
• Provide training to inspectors regarding the contractor safety plan and company policies.
• Monitor compliance of the contractor safety plan and project specific safety plan by performing and documenting on-site audits.
• Assist in the investigation of all incidents to determine root cause(s) and develop recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
• Promote good safety culture (Safety Above All Else).
• Continually evaluate working conditions and recommend improvements in safety and health methods, practices, and procedures.
• Develop and manage project injury and near miss logs.
• Constantly communicate Safety objectives to Contractor’s field staff.
• Conduct and document safety inspections.
• Review accident, injury, and illness reports to identify problem areas related to safety.
• Help to identify and implement corrective action where appropriate.
• Investigate and analyzes root causes, patterns, or trends.
• Prepare and submit reports relative to the project.
• Participate in pre-job hazard analysis to prepare for construction.
• Facilitate and ensure that all project safety meetings are adequate and held as scheduled.
• Perform comprehensive hazard analysis and provides training and/or reinforcement of site-specific health and safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure all safety plans and programs are implemented, reviewed and updated according to changes in regulations or process/policy/equipment.
• Ensure that all new employees on site are properly trained.
• Provide site specific safety orientation to all personnel entering the worksite.
• Participate in Pre-Job meetings.
• Set and Lead by example.
Joe Knows Energy delivers added value to our clients by providing them experienced Inspectors with outstanding communication and leadership skills that support the schedule and budget goals of the project team.
We hire inspectors who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.