Amber Electrical Contractors
A support member of the management team that provides tactical safety support to field operations to ensure compliance with company policy, client requirements, government regulations, and state/local laws.
Responsibilities Key Functions:
- Assists with the development and implementation of safety programs and procedures.
- Ensures manuals, policies, and procedures are in place and in adherence to regulations and company expectations.
- Collaborates with field project teams, fellow safety professionals for customers, sub-contractors, and consulting firms to support consistency and knowledge sharing.
- Executes the safety vision and plan for the company and mentors the staff and employees in achieving that vision.
- Conducts or coordinates employee training in areas of safety, regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Develops and assures adherence to site-specific Safety Plans.
- Leads and documents appropriate risk/hazard assessments.
- Conducts corresponding follow-ups and implementation of corrective action items to minimize and/or eliminate incidents that have the potential to cause harm to one of the Company's employees, contractors, or visitors.
- Effectively communicates the health and safety goals, objectives, performance expectations, and metrics throughout the facility.
- Partners with HR and insurance underwriters to identify opportunities for improved safety performance and cost reduction on premiums.
- Performs and administers safety audits and inspects job sites, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Oversees facility safety inventory including supplies, equipment, and training materials.
- Analysis and utilizes data to set safety priorities and develop action plans.
Expectations Key Measures:
- Participates in auditing site Safety and Health programs to identify areas that require attention.
- Maintain the site's Safety Health recordkeeping systems consistent with Company’s health and safety data management system.
- Develop the HS Training Matrix for the location that identifies required training by job classification and tracks compliance.
- Ensure that the site Safety Committee remains active and effective through committee participation and mentoring of chairpersons.
- Perform job site inspections through safety management software.
- Maintain a current Cumulative Safety Action Log for the site and work with plant leaders to ensure corrective actions are completed and logged.
- Assist incident investigation teams and ensure that incident reports are thorough, complete, and root causes corrective actions, and lessons learned have been determined.
- Provide monthly safety program summary report as required.
- Assist with companywide assessment and development of Safety Programs.
- Working toward/achieving a two or four-year degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene, or related subject required.
- Working toward/achieving CHSO, OHST, ASP or CSP, CIH.
- Demonstrated 3+ years’ experience in a safety position.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong teaching, coaching, facilitation, and mentoring skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent problem solving and investigation skills with a focus on root cause analysis and the development of sustainable corrective actions.
- Models the core values of the company.
- Builds High trust work relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated results in achieving and sustaining business goals.
- Knowledge of business and financial concepts.
- Ability to analyze and present data and interpret it into actionable information.
- Driving to various geographical locations, which will be in different locations/clients each day.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time may be necessary.
- Walking, crouching, hearing, smelling.
- Visual acuity to perform activities such as reading and making observations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to travel including some overnight stays.
Since the position works primarily for clients in our commercial, industrial, and construction segments, the following will be necessary:
- Ability to stand on concrete floors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to work in temperature extremes.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to work non-traditional shifts on occasion.
$80,000 - $85,000 yearly
About Amber Electrical Contractors
Amber Electrical Contractors Inc. is an established Texas-based commercial electrical contracting company with over 30 years of experience in Texas. We pride ourselves on providing superior service and quality workmanship.