The Shenandoah Club
We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide our clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- Establish a system of food stations and stock them with all of the necessary ingredients for the shift
- Recognize and adhere to quality requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products, as well as correct storage and waste management
- Grill, broil or saute menu items according to standard recipes and presentation specifications
- Interact with visitors, vendors, and associates while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Candidates need a strong understanding of compliance with kitchen safety and food storage requirements
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Possesses a strong work ethic and have high attention to detail
$16 - $18 hourly
About The Shenandoah Club
Located just steps from the bustle of downtown Roanoke, the Shenandoah Club is the ideal location for our members to immerse themselves in a world of refinement and hospitality.
Since 1893, the Shenandoah Club has provided members with a quiet and luxurious setting for lunches, dinner, receptions, business meetings educational events, holiday programs and performing arts evenings. Today's membership reflects Western Virginia's leaders in commerce, industry, healthcare, law, education, government, the sciences, and the fine arts.
In addition to our regular lunch and dinner service, we offer a full schedule of Club activities appealing to all interest and dining preferences. These events provide a unique and unforgettable experience for our members to share with their family and friends.