Part Time (20-30 hours per week)
The Clinical Quality Coordinator assumes leadership responsibility for the assessment, development and implementation of clinically effective systems within the continuum of care. Works in partnership with the operations director and department managers to develop strategies that create and sustain a culture of clinical excellence. Ensures adherence to established clinical policies, protocols, regulations, and standards. Applies knowledge of nursing and clinical data management to assist in the design, development, and ongoing modification of computerized health care systems.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Support EMR based workflows and analysis to maintain clinical standards and process integrity while optimizing efficiency and effectiveness of patient care.
1. Chair monthly Clinical Excellence Committee: prepares agenda, materials and minutes.
2. Monitor satisfactory completion of clinical projects and tasks with the department managers and lead staff.
3. Support monthly Quality Operations Committee as needed. Help OD with QOC packet materials.
1. Teach clinical orientation for all new PSC clinical staff.
2. Institute clinical quality monitoring and measurement systems by benchmarking Pinehurst Surgical services and work processes to similar organizations to identify best practices for the purpose of continuous quality improvement.
3. Serves as the clinical consultant for program/service development, other projects, policy, procedures and educational/training programs.
4. Annually review and modify as needed and required by our AAAHC accreditation patient care policies and procedures. Submit updated or new policies to OD for approval prior to submission to the QOC and medical director.
5. Collaborate with Operations Director in the development and execution of improvement plans to prevent sentinel events and incidents that impact clinical quality including patient complaints concerning clinical standards or outcomes.
6. Ensure compliance with all applicable AAAHC standards. Lead AAAHC survey activities for the entire organization.
7. Support operational process improvement through management reporting and analysis; of charting deficiencies and other reports on a monthly basis. Must become proficient as using Excel spread sheets, learn basic formulas and create pivot tables.
8. Ensure compliance with Patient Care, Infection Control, Quality and OSHA policies and procedures.
9. Develop curriculum and training to promote clinical excellence among clinical staff.
10. Respond to emergency Code situations and organize training for the clinic code team. Conduct follow-up assessment on codes to pursue continual improvement.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Nursing license required; RN preferred
a. Not less than 3 years clinical experience
b. BLS certified required; ACLS preferred
2. Experience with EMR utilization and implementation
3. Experience in ensuring compliance with clinical regulations and standards
4. Training and presentation experience
5. Experience in deploying clinical quality improvement programs
6. Detail oriented
7. Excel experience
Accountable to the Operations Director
No direct reports
Physical guidelines include ability to work at a computer terminal for up to eight hours.
Ability to respond quickly to clinical emergencies.