S.R.T. Med Staff
The Health, Safety, and Risk Management Specialist provides leadership to the organization in the areas of workplace health and safety programs, injury management, legal compliance, quality standards, WSIB claims management, and return to work. Reporting to the Senior Director Quality, Risk, Safety, and Performance, the ideal candidate is a key member of the safety team and has 3-5 years of demonstrated health and safety expertise within the health care industry.
- Lead the company’s health and safety program and provide guidance and education to the Agency and its staff.
- Evaluate and improve the company’s Health and Safety Program for office and field employees and advance occupational safety best practices.
- Identify needs and develop, communicate, and implement safety programs and conduct safety audits to evaluate effectiveness and compliance.
- Provide education/consultation to Managers and Supervisors on job-specific hazards and legal and quality standards and assist in their integration into daily activities.
- Be an active member on various committees.
- Lead and complete all workplace investigations, injury reporting, documentation, and claims management to WSIB and other stakeholders as required.
- Support early and safe return to work of employees with injuries.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations to identify causes and determine how accidents can be prevented in the future.
- Monitor and evaluate accident frequency, severity, and economic impact for the purpose of targeted improvement, prevention, and cost reduction.
- Identify hazards and issue safety alerts and bulletins to staff, develop and prepare risk reports, and perform job hazard analysis as required.
- Act as a resource support/consultant to all areas of the organization.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety Management or equivalent
- Certified in WSIB Claims Management, Risk Management, or Canadian Registered Safety Professional preferred
- Training/Certification in areas of Quality Improvement and Evaluation
- Strong presentation, teaching, and computer skills
- Experience in medium to large organizations
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant management experience in health care or comparable industry
About S.R.T. Med Staff
S.R.T. Med-Staff has been a trusted leader in the health care community since 1981, hiring client service coordinators, personal support workers, registered nurses, registered practical nurses, and supervisors. Come work for an agency that truly values and supports it staff!