Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
The Virtual Design and Construction Coordinator will serve as the main point of contact for new homes construction projects and coordinate pre-construction activities throughout the entire semi-custom design and estimating process.
Day to day tasks will include generating a 3D Building Information Model of a home, using the model to generate a job cost estimate and working with vendors/trade partners to generate purchase orders. Other assignments will include ongoing maintenance of base models and estimates along with providing outstanding customer service and support for customers and team members.
Exemplify and promote the vision, mission and Core Values of TOH
Be a proactive member of the TOH team; this includes providing insight to the management team in an effort to improve department performance, customer satisfaction and efficiencies.
Create accurate models of homes using Autodesk Revit
Create and revise Revit models while:
- Supporting sales staff in gaining customer approvals
- Producing construction documents
- Producing cost estimates and purchase orders
- Customize home plans, options or details based on customer requests
Other tasks include:
- Maintain master models for all base plans in the portfolio as well as pricing for base plans and standard options
- Ensure that models and construction documents comply with TOH standards and specifications
- Produce construction documents meeting local building codes and requirements
- Maintain plans, options and cost database in order to support other departments and the company’s back office systems
- Generate accurate estimates, purchase orders, budgets for all internal and external customers as requested
- Prepare custom pricing requests
- Provide support for purchasing initiatives as they pertain to the company’s back office systems
- Work to meet documented department goals and deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed construction drawings, specifications and basic development drawings
- Time management skills
- Basic technology skills: Microsoft Office Suite; experience with residential home construction back office systems a plus
- Specific technology skills: Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or Building Information Modeling (BIM) software experience a plus; (Autodesk) Revit preferred
- Experience with wood frame construction and/or job cost estimating a plus
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a new homebuilding environment a plus
- College Degree
$40,000 - $57,000 annually (based on experience)
About Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Tim O'Brien Homes is an award winning, semi-custom single family home builder in the Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin areas and the leader in energy efficiency, innovative designs, green building practices, and renewable technologies. All homes are 3rd party tested and certified surpassing the State's energy-efficiency and green strict guidelines, and backed by a 5-Year Energy Guarantee. Join a team that lives by our seven Core Values which are the guiding principles that inspire our daily work and underscore our commitment to customers, vendor partners and each other.