The PEOPLE’S Retail Guide is responsible for providing exceptional and professional service to all customers, vendors and guests that come into the store. The Guide will work in various roles within the store, as outlined below. It is imperative that they represent the brand with professionalism, passion, and provide extensive cannabis product knowledge to every customer.
The Retail Guide should be regarded as the most welcoming, professional, passionate and knowledgeable people within the cannabis retail space.
- Provide excellent customer service as well as maintain a professional, positive and friendly attitude in all positions on the sales floor as a Retail Associate
- Follow all store procedures, protocols and rules
- Cashier transactions with attention to detail and accuracy
- Cash handling and drawer reconciliation must be impeccable
- Always maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Greet/acknowledge customers, vendors and guests as they enter and leave the store
- Check the validity of government-issued identification and Medical Marijuana ID (MMID) cards
- Thoroughly check customer profiles for notes or banned customers
- Ensure reception and downstairs area is clean and organized
- Restock supplies as needed. IE: water, retail bags, stickers, etc.
- Answer phone calls and assist customers or guests with any questions
- Handle and cashier kiosk and pick up orders
- Quickly and efficiently place, process and fill online, kiosk and delivery orders
- Ensure correct product is pulled and bagged for each order
- Pay attention to details and accurately prepare each order
- Identify and communicate items unable to fulfill due to inventory discrepancies to the Manager on Duty or Inventory Manager
- Assist customers with possible substitutions when items are sold out or are unable to be fulfilled
- Provide professional and excellent customer service by demonstrating strong product knowledge and sales skills
- Identify customer needs and provide them with all possible product options and price points
- Follow merchandising guidelines and maintain all product displays as set by vendors or buyers
- Assist Inventory Team when restocking product
- Educate customers on product features, benefits, pricing, method of consumption, etc. as outlined in the training materials
- Ensure the sales floor, counters, displays and general upstairs area is always clean and organized
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass a comprehensive background check
- Valid identification to work in the US
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Must be proactive and solution-oriented with a positive attitude
- Strong multi-tasker and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in technology software, desktop electronics, MS Office
- Retail experience is a plus
$13 per hour
People's California is Southern California’s largest cannabis retail store. As an industry-leading cannabis company, People's provides high-quality products and excellent customer service to recreational and medical customers in the Orange County area. People's prides itself on its knowledgeable staff, sustainable business practices, community involvement, and close relationships with farmers and vendors.
Our retail store in Orange County is currently hiring new employees. Grow with us!