Shell's Feed & Garden Supply, Inc
Shell’s Feed & Garden Supply, Inc. is a family-owned and operated feed and garden center. We are currently looking for associates that are accountable and friendly professionals who enjoy working as a team. We offer a fun and rewarding work environment for those who enjoy helping others and take pride in a job well done. Prior retail experience is NOT required. Training will be provided.
Benefits of working at Shell’s Feed and Garden Supply:
- $200 Sign-on bonus after 90 days of satisfactory performance
- $100 Employee referral bonus
- Sales bonuses
- Generous paid vacation after the 1st year of full-time work
- Employee discount
- Family environment where you are not just a number
- Additional pay for bilingual employees (Spanish/English)
- Additional pay for specialized knowledge in gardening, agriculture and or live animal care
- Provide a great customer service experience for each of our customers that isn’t found in big box stores. Always aim to amaze each person
- Proactively assist customers by greeting them when they arrive and asking if they need assistance
- Assist customers throughout their shopping with personal, customized service based on each customer’s individual needs
- Assist in solving customer’s common garden, pet, animal, or pest problems
- Thank customers when they are finished shopping
- Assist in maintaining a positive, professional, and friendly work environment
- Assist with receiving and stocking merchandise
- Participate in store meetings
- Maintain a professional appearance and actions
- Provide backup for cashiers
- Forklift operations if properly trained (forklift certification available)
- Perform other duties as assigned to assist team members
- Must demonstrate personal accountability & teamwork
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must work Saturdays (store is closed on Sundays)
- Must be able to work around and with live animals
- Must be willing to undergo a background check
$10 - $18 hourly
About Shell's Feed & Garden Supply, Inc
We are a family-owned and operated business that has been serving the Tampa community since 1961. When we started, we were a simple general store using a cigar box for a cash register, had grandma as our only cashier, and catered mostly to farmers and ranchers.
Over the years, we have grown and evolved by listening to our customer’s wants and needs thus adding our garden center and expanding our pet supply offerings.
Today, we partner with multiple vendors from around the country and continue cultivating many customer relationships. By making Customer Service our number one priority, the community can rely on us for trustworthy information and products that big-box chain stores cannot provide.