Craftsman Inn & Suites
We’re searching for a food prep cook who will work with our head cook/chef to prep a variety of foods, and stock food stations with ingredients and condiments. You’ll be responsible for keeping all food stations and equipment neat, clean and sanitized. You must read recipe directions in English and operate kitchen equipment, including sharp knives and measuring tools. Expect some lifting, bending, and standing on your feet during your shift, as well as the ability to take on other duties as needed. If you want to gain more cooking experience, this job may be for you! Some experience is preferred, but we will train the right person. Fill out an application today, and let’s meet!
- Prepare recipes using the proper measurements needed for condiments and wash dice, and slice fruits and vegetables, and meats, for the variety of meals we prepare for customers
- Keep all prep and workstation areas organized and equipment hygienic and sanitized at closing
- Handle simple cooking tasks such as brewing coffee or tea, preparing soups and reducing sauces, and assisting others in the kitchen when necessary
- Read recipe measurements, meal charts, label instructions in English, and use the correct measuring tools
- Abide by food safety guidelines and implement COVID-19 safety measures in all food prep areas and stations where food is prepared and kitchen equipment is used
- Basic familiarity with operating kitchen equipment
- Prefer someone with some kitchen prep experience and associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent, but it is not required
- Read and comprehend recipes, labels, and meal charts written in English
- Have some experience prepping food and the ability to work under the head chef/cook with minor supervision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, as well as bend, pull heavy items, and stand on your feet for your entire shift
About Craftsman Inn & Suites
The Craftsman Inn & Suites is located near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park. Rustic meets elegance, in the newly renovated Inn, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimaged to host powerful meetings and impressive social events.