Crowne Plaza Baton Rouge
Our busy restaurant is looking for servers with a friendly smile and a cheerful customer service attitude to set the tone for our guests to enjoy their dining experience with us. You will serve our guests in the restaurant by ensuring that they are seated promptly, their orders are taken, prepared, and served timely, and that tables are cleaned and ready for the next guests. Our ideal candidate maintains a friendly and courteous demeanor toward our guests and coworkers while providing exceptional customer service to our guests. This position is ideal for you if you enjoy interacting with others and have a strong sense of responsibility. If this describes you, apply now!
- Restock and clean as instructed, including side work for opening and closing of the restaurant
- Maintain complete knowledge of menu items, ingredients, and daily specials to answer client queries and provide recommendations
- Accept correct payment from guests and guarantee the accuracy of the guest check and manner of payment to protect both the client and the business from any transaction mistakes
- Welcome customers upon arrival and promptly seat them, take food and beverage orders from diners, serve meals, and meet any special requirements or requests
- Participate in pre-shift and department meetings to gain a thorough grasp of all products, services, and facility activities
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification (GED)
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Displays impeccable time management and organizational skills
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the guest first and providing exceptional customer service
$8 hourly + tips
About Crowne Plaza Baton Rouge
The Crowne Plaza in Baton Rouge is the premier conference and event center in the surrounding market. We routinely provide quality service to all manners of guests and groups. With 300 rooms and 32,000 square feet of event space, we are the place for a high-volume on-site hotelier experience.
We routinely outperform competitors in a saturated market through superior quality and consistency for large gatherings. Award-winning banquet services, food service, and guest amenities including a 5000 square foot gym, newly renovated outdoor pool, and patio space.
We believe in a guest first, operations second aspect of doing business. One of the principal reasons we have outperformed competitors is due to our collective customer service bearing. We go above and beyond what is expected to ensure positive engagement and guest experience.