The Rushmore Hotel
Our restaurant & bar is looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional time management abilities who is passionate about providing our guests with an exceptional dining experience. As our next PM line cook, you will be responsible for ensuring that every dish is cooked and presented following appropriate recipes, and presentation standards, and with accuracy for the guest order. We need an experienced cook who is comfortable with a variety of cooking techniques such as poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. Our ideal applicant is a team player who can successfully communicate with other kitchen staff to keep our restaurant running efficiently. If you have a friendly and energetic attitude with a passion for food, please apply today!
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- Interact with visitors, vendors, and associates while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Adhere to established storage and waste control standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products to ensure quality food is served
- Cook food orders at stations by following established recipes and presentation standards for grilling, broiling, and sautéing menu items
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage, and food storage
- Possesses a strong work ethic and have high attention to detail
$15 - $16 hourly
About The Rushmore Hotel
On the corner of Mt. Rushmore Road and Main Street in downtown Rapid City, SD. A hotel for travelers who value their time after work. Our property is preferred by business travelers, tour groups, and lifestyle adventurers.